Has anyone tried it? Does it work very well?
Can you post some instructions on how to go about doing this?
(Pictures would be nice too)
Thanks for your time
Quote by jmag

God, you make a 5-year-old seem like master Yoda, as far as patience goes.
What is it? I've never heard anything about it.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
ditto
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Its where you string the strings on a Tune-O-Matic bridge by putting the strings through the tailpiece facing away from the headstock, looping 'em around, and otherwise stringing them normally...

I've tried it on my Flying V.. it doesn't make a tremendous difference, but the little it does is pretty nice. It increases sustain and changed the tone just a wee bit, incase you are wondering.
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
i think he means when zakk wraps his strings around the bridge. I tried and i think it was suppose to increase sustain.
Gear:
1965 Fender Mustang not a RI
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

Peavey Classic 50

Pics?
Member #4 of the iPods Suck Balls Club.
PM Oblivious16037 to join!

Quote by basssoldier
when i was 7 i saw my mom naked while taking a sh** it was pretty sick cuz shes fat....

Quote by Soul Power
Your my hero dementedpuppy.

Last.fm
POOP
Quote by papersun87
Link 1: Page not found.

Link 2: Page not found.

Why don't you take a few deep breaths?

PWNT
Member #4 of the iPods Suck Balls Club.
PM Oblivious16037 to join!

Quote by basssoldier
when i was 7 i saw my mom naked while taking a sh** it was pretty sick cuz shes fat....

Quote by Soul Power
Your my hero dementedpuppy.

Last.fm
POOP
right. here's my 2 cents.

1) Slight change in tone , and maybe it was just me, i found it easier to pick towards the bridge, kinda.

2) those strings lasted me 18 fkkn months. And i still dont wanna change them althought my 1st string has snapped ; because they sound so fkkng good!
BLACK OVERLORD OF THE ORDER OF THE KNIGHTS WHO SAY NI! pm SGstriker to join!

Quote by Bennetts_strat
^Dude, he's an 02'er.... He could put you in dog collars and make you his bitch if he wanted.

YOU stop phailing.
Quote by papersun87
Link 1: Page not found.

Link 2: Page not found.

Why don't you take a few deep breaths?

Just copy the thread number into your browser, then it would work. genius.
Skill without imagination is craftsmanship and gives us many useful objects such as wickerwork picnic baskets. Imagination without skill gives us modern art.

Tom Stoppard
I do it on all my guitars, not really for any tonal chance or sustain, but just because it greatly reduces the chance that your strings will break at the bridge. I've never had a string break at the bridge since I started doing this.