when composing a song, what is the formula for determining which chords will suit the sound of a scale. For example, what chords fit the g minor pentatonic scale?
I'm guessing based on the Circle of 5ths chart:

I-IV-V chord formula would be G-C-D?
Fender Malmsteen Strat > Boss NS2 Noise Suppressor > NS2 Send > NeoClassic 3080 Compressor > NeoClassic 741 Overdrive > NS2 Return > NS2 Output > VHT Special 6 Ultra Amp > Amp Send > MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay > Boss RC3 Loop Station > Amp Return
Almost anything that fall in the scale: Gm, A#m, Cm, Dm...

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
chords in the key of g minor
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
thanks guys, is there a formula though? I know for a major scale the formula is : 1st note - maj or maj7, 2nd - min or min7, 3 - min or min7, 4 - maj or maj7, 5 - maj or dom 7, 6 min or min7, 7 - dim or min7, 8 maj or maj7 (octave).... im just wondering if there is a similar forumla that applies to the minor pentatonic shape?
thanks
im not neccessarily looking for any specific sound, im just wondering what chords are available for me to use in the key of g minor, as i will be using licks composed from g minor pentatoic