my you-know-what bought me a vavle junior last week, i cant get it to crank though... even with my ts-808...

i wonder how can i gt the "Sweet-spot" overdrive from my junior...
Quote by tubab0y
Look at it this way- everyone rags on air guitar here because everyone can play guitar. If we were on a lawn mower forum, air guitar would be okay and they would ridicule air mowing.

Ummm, ok. Turn the volume up? I really don't understand what you're saying.
Member #4 of the iPods Suck Balls Club.
PM Oblivious16037 to join!

Quote by basssoldier
when i was 7 i saw my mom naked while taking a sh** it was pretty sick cuz shes fat....

Quote by Soul Power
Your my hero dementedpuppy.

Last.fm
POOP
it sounds very.... uh... clean.
i cant get some agreesive crunch/overdrive... just how high volume??
Quote by tubab0y
Look at it this way- everyone rags on air guitar here because everyone can play guitar. If we were on a lawn mower forum, air guitar would be okay and they would ridicule air mowing.

maybe your guitar's volume is low? maybe you are using a gibson L-5 with a charlie chrisitian pickup?
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
lol... i use emg... anyway, just a bit off the topic, is there a chance that the tubes get dangerously hot? or too hot?

i will try full volumes when im the only one at home.
Quote by tubab0y

Thats the purpose of the VJ. To be cranked to the max. Thats why tube amps are "tube amps"!
Quote by kurdtkobaign
Thats the purpose of the VJ. To be cranked to the max. Thats why tube amps are "tube amps"!

+1 ^
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
is it the combo or the head?

i ask because some speakers break up at different volumes.

but by 1-2 o'clock my eminence speaker ODs no problem.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I think what you mean is that you aren't getting the sound. Get an EQ.

Unless if you really do want to crank it, then don't hold back and crank it ALL THE WAY.
Sent from my iPad.
Yea man, what they've said so far. To get overdrive, you've got to push the tubes past their "normal" level and into Over-drive, saturated as much as you can with that volume knob .
"grateful is he who plays with open fingers" - Me

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

DO NOT CLICK HERE!
...There's one knob on the amp.

Take a wild guess at what you have to do.

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by jj1565
is it the combo or the head?

i ask because some speakers break up at different volumes.

but by 1-2 o'clock my eminence speaker ODs no problem.

I don't think he means speaker distortion.
Quote by kurdtkobaign

+10000

Long live rock n' roll
Quote by rooster456
Guitars will bring girlfriends. Girlfriends won't bring guitars.

Because footstools are cool UG's Classical Guitarists
pm Marmoseti or Confusius to join
turn it to 11....

throw in an EQ, or your tubescreamer to tighten it up and add some more dirt,

tubes..tooo hot? never hot enough!
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville
ark is right - you cant get it too hot, itll sounds amazing until your eardrums implode... so wear some earplugs when you do this
My Gear :
Fender American Strat in Metallic Red
EHX Big Muff
Boss ME-50
Boss SD-1
Fender 15 Watt Amp (Upgrade soon to a Marshall )
Red Furry guitar strap

John Frusciante - The Greatest Guitarist EVER
Quote by km-r
my you-know-what bought me a vavle junior last week, i cant get it to crank though... even with my ts-808...

i wonder how can i gt the "Sweet-spot" overdrive from my junior...

your penis bought you an amp?

Quote by km-r
it sounds very.... uh... clean.
i cant get some agreesive crunch/overdrive... just how high volume??

higher, apparently...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
not to steal a thread, but is the valve junior really that loud when cranked? i watched videos of it cranked and it didnt seem that loud.
^ you can turn down mic volumes, though.

it depends what you mean by loud. if you share any walls with neighbours, it's probably too loud.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ i dunno, I haven't tried it with a drummer, lol. I'm guessing if you know you want to play with a drummer, it might be pushing it. I'm not sure, though.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Ive played a Frontman 15 with my drummer on many occasions and its loud enough so this valve amp should be fine
My Gear :
Fender American Strat in Metallic Red
EHX Big Muff
Boss ME-50
Boss SD-1
Fender 15 Watt Amp (Upgrade soon to a Marshall )
Red Furry guitar strap

John Frusciante - The Greatest Guitarist EVER
Quote by Jimbo999
Ive played a Frontman 15 with my drummer on many occasions and its loud enough so this valve amp should be fine

No way.

I've heard my friend trying to do the same...I could barely hear him and his tone was breaking up. *shivers*
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by thrice07
alright, and i meant like loud enough to be heard over a moderate drummer

In my honest opinion...no. I tinkered with my buddies VJ with a 2x12 Orange cab, cranked it. MAN did it sound sweet for a little amp like that, but not enough to get over a moderate drummer, IMO.
would an attenuator help this guy here or not? just throwing the suggestion out there, even though i don' tkno wmuch about it
An attenuator would be a bit overkill for a 5watt amp lol. Its not THAT LOUD to begin with, IMO.

Then again Im used to my Triple Recto halfstack...

o.O
It may not be loud enough to play with a "Metal" drummer, but if you find yourself a quality jazz/rock drummer who can play at a decent level the VJ should be fine. I played one and it sounds the best at full volume! It is really sensitive to the guitars volume, just back off the guitar volume for clean and go full for all out crunch! It is a great little amp for $99!
Peavey JSX 2x12
ESP Horizon NT-II
Ibz RG3EXQM - EMG 81/89
Ibz RG270 - Dimarzio PAF Pro/Mo' Joe
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez DE-7
EHX Small Clone
Boss NS-2
Quote by woodenbandman
maybe your guitar's volume is low? maybe you are using a gibson L-5 with a charlie chrisitian pickup?

SWEET, someone else who knows who Charlie Christian is.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Quote by Dave_Mc
your penis bought you an amp?

higher, apparently...

LOL, no, my vagina bought me the amp... im a male!

well, i used an attenuator!! now i all i need now are spare el84's
Quote by tubab0y

this seems very complicated for an amp with only one knob.

obviously, you should maybe sell your guitar or something.
'87 Fender Strat
Oscar Schmidt Archtop
Laney LC15R
Quote by boardsofcanada

lol you, even if i cant crank my vj i wouldnt sell it or whatever... its memorable... i mean, sentimental value... it resides beside my rectifier now and never will it part with my guitar!!! hehehe... look, its an emo guy..!
Quote by tubab0y

Quote by kurdtkobaign
In my honest opinion...no. I tinkered with my buddies VJ with a 2x12 Orange cab, cranked it. MAN did it sound sweet for a little amp like that, but not enough to get over a moderate drummer, IMO.

just to add, i think playing with a bass player makes it so much worse.

when it's just me an me drummer no problem. add bass. and you can start to get lost quickly.

a lot of guys think, if they can hear their amp then they are fine. most of the time they are the only one who can hear the guitar at all.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by boardsofcanada

Do you know what you can do with one knob?
You gotta make sure you don't turn it too much, or too little
You gotta make sure you are turning it, not pulling or pushing it
You gotta make sure that you are twisting it, not ripping it.

ouch.