say they always liked a band before they were on a major label and had hardly any fans, for example green day. Why do people like poorly produced music with bad sound quality over good sound quality, like u wouldn't like a movie if it was filmed with a hand held couple of hundred dollar camera, but if it was filmed with a proper camera it would look better and u would enjoy it more why arent people like that with music.
I think the main problem is that once a band is with a major label and become more popular then they get a lot more "fans"who don't know anything about the band or the music they just like one song and then claim to be big fans. I don't think it has too do with the sound quality, but more the marketing of the band.
i know people sometimes feel like their secret little band that they love is now super popular and everyone, even little kids that you hate love them, and they get bitter over it. It happens, also, when the radio plays the 'hit' every 2 seconds cause everyone and their grandma loves them. Its no longer special to them anymore, and they try to find reasons to hate bands that go major label. its a personal thing,
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville
A band can also make quite some different music then they do later when they have a major label.
It works quite often the way that the producer is the one that decides which music the band is going to play, before this producer the might have been playing a different style

(p.s. sorry for the English... it's to early )
cause pretty much when a band goes mainstream they start to suck
eg. Korn were preety good(not great but good) then they went mainstream and came up with this twisted transistor crap need to throw up now
ive been thinking the same thing. i pisses me off.but i guess u can attribute it to the fact that wen a band gets a major label they would probably get more play time on the radio and stuff like that which leads to the over-playing of a song. that normally is wat stops me from liking a band
Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
I vote you for Australian of the Year.

Quote by Dunjma
lol yea chuck the sicky! what an aussie tradition angels fighter i too vote u for aussie of the year

Quote by Deliriumbassist
I call bullsh*t. White people don't get sacked.

Visit my friends Site
All of the above, basically. Its the term: Sellout.

I didnt disown RHCP, but was mad when So many ppl bought stadium arcadium and called themselves big fans.

Thers no way in HELL im going to agree that SA was a better album than BSSM
if i like a song, i like it. i don't pledge myself to any band. if a band goes major and starts sucking, i don't bitch about it, i just don't buy the cd.
We have lingered in the chambers of the sea
By sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown
Till human voices wake us, and we drown.

- T.S. Eliot

Hey, I'm a person! Stop lumping me in with the stereotype!
Are you ready for some hardcore man on Manatee action?
Nobody says that about Green Day. They've been popular for like 10 years.
Mainstream lables have been ruining music for a long time, they have no vision for the future or love for the music made they just want to make money. When bands sign to them they are selling out, it is as though they are also only interested in the money.
now extra flamey
A good example is Lostprophets, they used to be sort of metally/altern, get big, next thing you know they go emo on your ass...

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.
Quote by mangablade
All of the above, basically. Its the term: Sellout.

I didnt disown RHCP, but was mad when So many ppl bought stadium arcadium and called themselves big fans.

Thers no way in HELL im going to agree that SA was a better album than BSSM

AHHH ABSOLUTELY!!
i know exactly what you mean with the EXACT SAME BAND!!
like before SA came out my friends hated RHCP they said everything was crap about them and they were ugly and blah blah blah and now tell me baby the single is out and its like OMG I LOVE RHCP!! THEY"RE MY FAVOURITE BAND OF ALL TIME!! cos they like one song! Even though it pisses me off i can never abandon them i love them to death do us part. they freakin awsome!!
IM A GIRL GOD DANG IT!
people think their special when they know a really good band, Green day got signed by a big label b/c they had a lot of potential, before the big label the fans had a special connection with the band.