hey guys!

i'm looking to buy a new guitar, i totally love the flying V shape. i just wanted to know if those kind of guitars have a heavy neck, if you know what i mean, or are they well balanced?

thanks! and keep it metal!
Some of them are unbalanced and have a heavy neck. but you should be fine sitting in the classical position with it.
I agree with AdamDK. Most V shaped axes are neck-heavy, but in classical position, you'll do okay.
My Main Gear:
ESP Eclipse II
Jackson RRT-5
Dean Michael Schenker Signature Yin Yang
ESP LTD EC-1000 Deluxe
Gibson 2016 Les Paul Traditional T
Marshall JVM 410H/1960V Cabinet
I'm guessing they're similar to SG's, the neck and body feel very strange considering the weight and all...

But considering you're going to be playing classical since it's a V...then maybe it'll be okay. But I would think it would be akward playing live while standing up with it.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
I tryed to play sitting down with a Flying V when i had learn on a stradocaster shaped guitar....not a very good feeling i dont think so i just got an Explorer.
Quote by AdamDK
Some of them are unbalanced and have a heavy neck. but you should be fine sitting in the classical position with it.

This man speaks the truth.

Sit with one of the spikes over your leg.
R E G G A E
hey, thanks for the answers!

well, i was asking this because since i play gigs, i'll be standing up alot, and i absolutely can't stand neck-heavy guitars. sitting down isn't my main problem. i guess i'm doomed to more classical shapes of guitar

is there absolutely no solution to the V balance problem?
I think you can move the strap pin. Well I know you could on a series of deans.

But I'm not too sure about the V's. =\
If you're standing up, Vs are fine. Try sitting down with it....now there's a challenge.
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join