I have a thread asking this:

I just installed Power Tab Editor and accidentaly chosed I wanted the downloaded files to appear in Wordpad!!!!! instead of Power Tab's program.Is there any way to fix this?

Yngwie#1 answred this:

Yes, you can fix a bad file association by right-clicking on the (PTB) file from Windows Explorer and choose "Open With". Then pick the program you want to open the file from the list.

Important: Make sure the check box is checked to "Always use this Program" when you do this!

In this case, if PowerTab isn't in the program list, you will have to use the "Browse" button to navigate to the folder where the PowerTab executable is. For example, it might be here: "C:\Program Files\Power Tab Software\Power Tab Editor 1.7\PTEditor.exe"

Note: If the "Open With" choice isn't in the right click menu, you might have to hold the shift key down to get it to show the right-click menu choice on some Windows systems.

The problem is I don't know what file or place hes talking about.
Well, he explained it pretty well.

Find the PowerTab file you're wanting to open in PowerTab (The one that current has a WordPad icon due to the incorrect association). Right-click it, mouse-over the 'Open With >' selection and a side-menu will appear. You'll have a choice of a few applications. If PowerTab is not listed there, select the 'Choose program...' option. A new window will open and all you have to do is find 'PowerTab' and press open.

Alternatively, you could just right-click the file and go into the properties. Then all you need to do is select the 'Change' at the part where it says 'Open With'.

It's pretty basic stuff.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."