I built an a/b selector, but maplin sent me the wrong enclosure, it was way too big. The reason I built the a/b in the first place was to be able to switch from amp to tuner, with just a stomp, so I thought it would be really cool to extend the leads on the leds, mic and input jack so I could easily see the tuning.

This is the selector in enclosure before the tuner was made, with the top off:

This is the tuner I was going to mod:

He it was after modding:
working fine at this stage.

This morning, I decided to put a few finishing touches on the tuner, before monuting it, but the little metal bit that held the negative end of the battery broke off. I soldered it on, but it broke again, taking the track with it. I tried sanding the track beside it, but it wouldn't solder on securely .

My camera sucks, so here's a scan of the tradgedy:

God dammit kerry, when are you going to invent that time machine pedal?
looks to me that you can just solder it back on, and it'll work fine.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by duggyrocks
God dammit kerry, when are you going to invent that time machine pedal?

hehe . Sorry, I cant. Keeley already created it . If I did, I would be accused of stealing it *cough* Pink *cough* . Just kidding. Good luck though. Hmm, maybe you can solder it like that, then epoxy over it to hold it.

EDIT: You can solder to battery ends, its not dangerous, but its not a great solution. You can get the holder for batteries at Radio Shack.

Last edited by call1800ksmyazz at Feb 3, 2007,
Quote by call1800ksmyazz

EDIT: You can solder to battery ends, its not dangerous, but its not a great solution. You can get the holder for batteries at Radio Shack.

Hey thanks, I found some battery holders on the net, this might just fix my problem.

I think I can still save this bastard yet.
this sounds like a bitchin pedal. i worry about its visibility from the floor. maybe you need to adjust the screen's brightness.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Actually, if I did get the battery holder, how would I attach it to the broken track? The track has been ruined up until the next the next components, where there's a split. I can't possibly see how I could attach the battery clip. BTW, the wire connected to the broken track has come off completely too.

EDIT:
Quote by woodenbandman
this sounds like a bitchin pedal. i worry about its visibility from the floor. maybe you need to adjust the screen's brightness.

I took the lcd out completely, I would just be using the leds, and I ever rarely play in alternate tunings.
After some soldering etc, I have come to the conclusion that this is beyond fixable. I wired up the batteries, and expected it to work, but the leds just don't want to light (since theres no lcd they're the only way of telling if it's on or not). The input has come off completely too.

I think I'm just gonna have to buy a new tuner
Buy some conductive paint, or a conductive pen, which is a bit more accurate. Just draw over the trace for a cm or so, then bring it out into a blob big enough for you to solder to. I dunno if there are any electronics store in NI, but in england I use maplin or rapid electronics, and they probably will ship there.
Do you know how to reattach the LCD to the board? It can be difficult sometimes, since you shouldn't heat it.