NO QUESTION. ENGL's can give the cutting tones needed for my Neo-classical, Metal etc... also a good blues tone. But can it give me a really good mellow, clean bassy sound for jazz? Not fusion Jazz BTW... Trad Jazz like Wes Montgomery. I've been given a few options for amps and i need an amp that i can use for all my gigs, session work etc etc... Is it THAT versatile? I can't try it out cause we're ordering... None in the music stores (Here, duh).
Heads up to everyone, new person using this account
want a versatile amp.

Hughes and Kettner TriAmp.
if thats to expensive, go for the:
Switchblade
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
My friend has the ENGL SE, and he has no problem getting jazz sounds out of it, that thing is so versatile...
Equipment:

Ibanez RG1570
Ibanez SA160
B-52 At-100
MXR M-108 10 Band EQ
ISP Decimator
So it's not just for heavy stuff?
Heads up to everyone, new person using this account
Well I have an ENGL sovereign, and the clean channel is absolutely amazing (a tip, best tone comes from cranking the preamp volume and gain, then backing off the master and the volume on your guitar). However, I've found the best jazz tone you can get comes from plugging directly into the PA w/ a DI box or using one of those transparent jazz amps such as the Roland Jazz Chorus.
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
Wow...... I thought it was the other way around.... high power amp gain and low pre amp gain........?
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
I've heard of the great cleans ENGLs can get. But if you really want a great Jazz sound, look at a Roland Jazz Chorus.
Sent from my iPad.
The Screamer i tried had great cleans, should be able to get a good jazz tone!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
if you know what to dial into the EQ, you can get any tone you want.
^In germany the pronounce it as a word at least. Same in norway. I don't know about anywhere else.
Q about tube amps:
Quote by steven seagull
Can I save money by using lightbulbs instead of tubes - will energy saving lightulbs last even longer?

Quote by †øXÍÇ͆¥
I'm not trying to look open minded, in fact I try not to be open minded.
I hate people who are overly open minded.