Now people, I wanna hear what you have to say about the new genesis tour with the original line up with phil collins, but with out gabriel. tell me what do you guys think about this?
cant have Genesis without Peter Gabriel...although it was Phil Collins who kinda made the band.
Quote by radioplay
cant have Genesis without Peter Gabriel...although it was Phil Collins who kinda made the band.

Well, who made the band popular. He was a very good drummer though.

I still might have been excited if Hackett was on tour with them, but I think when he heard there was no Gabriel he decided to not go. Which makes sense; if I'm not mistaken the tour is for the "Greatest hits" cd Turn it on Again, which has maybe two tracks that feature Hackett.

Since it's not the prog Genesis, I'm afraid this tour doesn't interest me in the least. If Steve Hackett would come near me, on the other hand....
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
I like Genesis, but not enough that I pay to see them in concert, I have to save my money in hopes that VH lasts long enough to come to Ohio. However, personally, I like Phil's Genesis better than Peter's Genesis, but again, that's just personal preference. I guess I liked their poppier sound better than the prog sound, it just seems to fit with the band better.
Stevie Y of the GO WINGS club. PM me with a title to join.

The following statement is false. The preceding statement is true.

Member #20 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join.
Genesis w/o Gabriel/Hackett - I don't care at all

There is no dark side of the moon, as a matter of fact, it's all dark.

My last.fm

"Member of the UG Pink Floyd Fan club PM stonegolem13 or nick dixon to join"
i cant stand Genesis without Gabriel, it just wouldent be the same.

but it would be pretty awkward for an out of shape 57 year old man to be up on stage in a fox mask and a dress singing about Hogweeds.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
^ But that album also had Hackett on it.

And I don't think the pop group was necessarily bad, but their output wasn't overall interesting or consistent enough for me to want to see them live.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
Ahh right right.

I would love to see Hackett play Genesis stuff, though, since he has improved a great deal from his early years in Genesis.
Quote by TheHeartbreaker
I meant without Gabriel... I was responding to igotabcrich32's post.

Your right, ATOTT and Wind and Wurthering were decent, but i forgot to mention without Gabriel and Hackett. it just isnt Genesis to me without either of the IMO
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45