Airtaps awesome, but he only plays that one song like that. Aside from that he's pretty average.

Good fingerstyle, look to Antoine Dufour and Robert Taylor.

Both awesome.

EDIT - And seeing as Dufour is French Canadian, he > Mongrain.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
Quote by Rankles
Airtaps awesome, but he only plays that one song like that.

No he doesn't, he also plays 'PercusienFa' like it as well, though PercusienFa sounds quite alot like Airtap.

Also, got to agree on your comment about Antoine Dufour, he's fantastic though the video for 'As In The Sky/Comme Dans Le Ciel' is quite cheesy.
^ My mistake, it stills strikes me as a gimmick rather than a new style though ya know?
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
i like him

im trying out for Transylvania University doing a version of airtap

his music is a breath of fresh air, i like all the other people on candy rat records too
but currently erik is my favorite

hes certainly better than anything out mainstream right now
Quote by Rankles
^ My mistake, it stills strikes me as a gimmick rather than a new style though ya know?

If it was only Airtap that he did like that then I would say no, but as he does PercusianFa like at as well, and that it sounds so much like Airtap then I'm inclined to say yes, it does seem like a gimmick.
to be fair though airtap was quite unique, and its not like his other sngs aren't good, i quite like him, ide love to be able to write songs like he does. However, i agree Dufour is also amazing =)
another good fingerstyle player: John Butler, the stuff he finger picks is crazy
Exar Kun of the UG Jedi Order, PM tamargoguitar to join!!

I like you, but you're crazy. Oh look, a flying monkey....

I fart in your general direction. Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time.