i'm well aware of the parts that i messed up and the minor pops but i did this song to work on my speed and i have gotten faster and i think it shows

it was recorded while listening to the song on headphones so its exactly the right tempo & all

it's a step up from the original, its more in my vocal range now.

http://media.putfile.com/snow-heyoh-cover

edit:
i wasnt going to put this up as i recorded this second vocal track too but wat the hell y not? i know i nail the lyrics/timing this one time but which sounds better?

http://media.putfile.com/snow-hey-oh-vocal-track-2

cheers!
Shure SM58 Mic -> Peavey Mixing Board -> M-Audio Fasttrack Pro -> Dell Laptop -> Cubase SX3
Last edited by WiKiD at Feb 3, 2007,
guitar was a bit sloppy but still pretty good...
great tone except for the (pretty annoying) cracks
vocals werent too good.
It's good, but the guitar tempo and the vocals don't match up quite well, I think. It's good though, the guitar part. But just one suggestion. After you play the riff once, you repeat, but the last mini riff of the second one, goes lower. Listen to the song.
i love the tone and the playing is pretty good, although i think there r some mistakes u might have the wrong tab. but it was good

the singing definatly needs work you need a lot more practise although my hats off to you for still managing to pull it off
it doesn't have the needed fluency
you're on the right path, but it needs some practice + time
i thought the vocals were pretty bad, just keep practicing tho, dont give up
Work to live, not live to work.
Not bad man, but still needs a little work. Overall 7/10. The flow is just missing a little. Like you already said, there were some minor pops in there. The vocals need a little more control. Keep working though, this is a tough song. Between the 2 versions, I thought no. 2 sounded better.

Crit my version of Plush please?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=518105
Light is faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Quote by Scott3229
if i wanted to get brain washed and then throw all my money away, id go to church

"I see, you've been blinded by what you believe" Sully Erna
I like, tone's pretty good, playing is spot on, 7/10
Exar Kun of the UG Jedi Order, PM tamargoguitar to join!!

I like you, but you're crazy. Oh look, a flying monkey....

I fart in your general direction. Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time.
lol no chance bud
Shure SM58 Mic -> Peavey Mixing Board -> M-Audio Fasttrack Pro -> Dell Laptop -> Cubase SX3
Quote by WiKiD
lol no chance bud

LOL, good for you.
Light is faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Quote by Scott3229
if i wanted to get brain washed and then throw all my money away, id go to church

Quote by WiKiD
lol no chance bud

y?
It's not necessarily the dog in the fight, it's the FIGHT in the DOG
i really dont think he has the worst voice ever...It definately is not close to the best- but he does a decent job trying. At least his voice isnt one of those annoying voices.

Guitar is perfect
Nice Do NOT stop singing you will only get better with time and the vocals are actually pretty good...The playing needs to be smoother...maybe switch to the neck pickup(if you aren't already on it) and add some more reverb or something to make it sound smoother..good job I did it
good tone. singing was not bad actually. I would focus more on playing the song right.
tone was pretty damn right on..some sloppy mistakes on the guitar although it was very fluid.
Your voice is great.. some verses were monotone, but still overall very good and a nice entertaining cover for a great song..
8.5/10
Quote by bajeda
congrats, you made me chuckle at your stupidity.

Seinfeld Club
Its pretty damn good. Im tempted to try to see if i can find my own voice and cover it. I know the guitar part already. Good job other than the guitar was a little sloppy in the intro.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Very good, you're voice sounds quite good, all these people saying you're crap are just being assholes, keep it up.
Quote by Bombtrack
Very good, you're voice sounds quite good, all these people saying you're crap are just being assholes, keep it up.

mehh im not worried about the ppl who knock my voice, im a big boy i can take it =D

im working on an acoustic version of best of you by the foo, and im finding that i'm better at distorted voice singing than clear voice singing... i was singing it last night and was like damn! i sound almost like grohl! but than i overworked my vocal chords and its not as good as it was last night :S
Hey, I have a bass and drum backing track for best of you. PM me if you are interested.

Quote by Scott3229