i am looking to make a footswitch to change between two channels on my amp and i just wanted to know how easy this would be, what parts i might neeed, and a total cost you might think it would cost me to buy all the parts.
Last edited by hendrixrocks4 at Feb 3, 2007,
I made myself a footswitch for my roland cube 60. It was incredibly easy to make, al i needed was a 1/4 inch jack and a footswitch , then just solder the two together. I then made myself an enclosure out of some stuff i had lying around. It ran me about £5.00
($8-9) in total. What amp do you have?
Quote by Lukeisonfire
tool and opeth definitly dont play tube amps . You cant get those distorted sounds out of it. tube is for like beatles stuff right?

Quote by evilbeaver22
You're right, just about the only thing better than a Spider 3 is an MG : )

i am not trying to be mean but can someone help me out here i just really wanna do this as quickly as possible thanks
what amp do you have?
Quote by Lukeisonfire
tool and opeth definitly dont play tube amps . You cant get those distorted sounds out of it. tube is for like beatles stuff right?

Quote by evilbeaver22
You're right, just about the only thing better than a Spider 3 is an MG : )

Well, to start with, grab a stero cable (not a guitar cable, this one should have a ring, tip and sleeve) and a piece of wire. Plug the stereo cable into your amp where it should say "footswitch". Then, start making combinations of the ring, tip and sleeve of the other end of the stereo cable, eg. hold the wire against the tip and the sleeve, see what it does, note it down.

I was going to make one for my jcm, so I could have a footswitch with leds instead of the stock one, but I couldn't be bothered, so the above info is as far as I got.
No no man, you've got yourself confused. You don't want a 1/8 cable that plugs into a stereo system, that's what you where thinking of right?

You want a stereo 1/4" cable, it looks like a guitar cable, except theres two black hoops on the plug.

This is a regular guitar cable:

This is a stereo cable:

See the difference?

Do some searching man, I'm sure theres more info on here.
i would like to know the difference between a latching and a latching switch i never built anything before.
Learn to use the edit feature.

*reported*
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club