i need a new bass for the new band im in we're playin in Drop B so i need a good bass that won't rattle and i do tappin in stuff so i dont need pick ups that will get in the way
Cmstar90: i have too lisen to a song for hours just to figure out of one part it sound and how to move my fingers tso that it sounds that way
Cmstar90: when u seem to figure it out in seconds
Drop B? Yuck...buy a 5 string....like...seriously.

What is your price range? That's another big factor.
well i would say around 300 might go a lil higher but no where more that 400
Cmstar90: i have too lisen to a song for hours just to figure out of one part it sound and how to move my fingers tso that it sounds that way
alright thanks they look great really like the peavey ... um also want to look into bass amps i need somthing that will be good to play over the drums and i'll be playing metalcore kinda stuff like the devil wears prada... i also play guitar so is there anyway to get the best of both worlds hehe
oh you are going to want something with at least 300 watts, well any guitar can be plugged into a bass amp and so ok or good as the bass amp covers all frequencies. not the same for guitar as it covers mids. Queens of the stone age have distiinct sound want to know why? its because they use Ampeg bass and guitar amps, the guitars sometimes are going through bass amps. and please do not use behringers, they dont last that long and arent very good to begin with.
Gear: 08 Fender MIA Jazz bass,
American Peavey Millenium Plus 4,
GK 1001RBII,
Mesa/Boogie RR215,
Schecter C-1 Classic.
wat would be some good brands? i dont know anything about bass amps
well if your on a tight budget than you are really in the shit hole right now, you could try getting a stack or a combo, if you get a stack then look at the Ashdown Mag300 and maybe a 115 or 210 cabinet. you can also look into Galiien Krueger. it might be better for you because it has distortion (Backline 600). how many watts is your guitarist running? what type of amp is he using?
GK 1001RBII,
Mesa/Boogie RR215,
Schecter C-1 Classic.
well both guitarist are using half stacks i forgot how many wants one is a hartke and the other is a crate
two guitarists...great thats even better...look on ebay for some cheap stuff but if you want to buy new than you are going to be screwed
GK 1001RBII,
Mesa/Boogie RR215,
Schecter C-1 Classic.
haha your scaring me man

one of the guitarist has a extra cab would it be ok to buy a bass head and then use a guitar cab
probably wont be a great idea because that cab probably doesnt have a good wattage ratting for a bass head and you might have to change the speakers out. im not sure it could work but probably not the greatest idea as they arent really made for lower frequencies
GK 1001RBII,
Mesa/Boogie RR215,
Schecter C-1 Classic.
alright man thanks for the advice
yeah its probably not the best advice, you might want to ask around on www.talkbass.com
GK 1001RBII,
Mesa/Boogie RR215,
Schecter C-1 Classic.
Your trying to start an empire with $5, and a beef and bean burito. Slow down, Look at Fenders, or even better for your price range- Squier. They have 5-string versions around $300, then with the extra $100, go look at some amps. Your not going to be able to go out and buy a stack. So get something smally around 50watts or so. Check out Peavey on the amps. And don't buy a Behringer, they may look good, and they are cheap. But I mean they're cheap in more than one way. And don't start playing bass just because you want to be in a band. Thats one of the worst things to do. Play it because you love the instrument.
Quote by FbSa
Your trying to start an empire with $5, and a beef and bean burito. Slow down, Look at Fenders, or even better for your price range- Squier. They have 5-string versions around $300, then with the extra $100, go look at some amps. Your not going to be able to go out and buy a stack. So get something smally around 50watts or so. Check out Peavey on the amps. And don't buy a Behringer, they may look good, and they are cheap. But I mean they're cheap in more than one way. And don't start playing bass just because you want to be in a band. Thats one of the worst things to do. Play it because you love the instrument.

there WE GO!!! GOOD ADVICE!!!
check ebay for some cheap MIM Fenders or you can even find cheap squiers on ebay too. ebay can be good and bad so be careful
GK 1001RBII,
Mesa/Boogie RR215,
Schecter C-1 Classic.
I have a peavey millenium 5 which kicks major ass
Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~
The Special Ed kid of the bass militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join

Quote by fourstringpunk
She looks like an STD vending machine.