ok so i hear such guitars are great for rock/metal or whatever, but can someone tell me the features, and the +'s and -'s please? that would be nice. and where can i get it, besides the guitar center?
Gear:

Guitars:
Takamine Gs330S
Fender Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG3EXQM1
Epiphone SG G-310

Amps:
Crate Palomino V16

Pedals
Ibanez TS9DX
Line 6 Tonecore Uber Metal
i love les pauls they are great guitars great feel great tone. only problem is the electronics and hardware arent great, they sound good but both my epis have faults, the jack socket on both have came loose and the nut and washer have fell off, this has even happened on one i got at xmas.

also pots ware out after 18 month - 2 year, one of mine just have.

apart from that there fine, im probs gonna replace them eventually but for now just fix the pots cause i cant afford replacements as saving for a dsl or jcm800
Good:
Solid Build Quality (on good ones)
Clear sound
Lots of sustain

Bad:
high E pops out of the nut sometimes
Heavy if you're a wuss

Where can you get it: everywhere

Recommended: Les Paul Standard Plain Top

There you go
kk thanks. so would guitar center be the best place? out of all of them?
Gear:

Guitars:
Takamine Gs330S
Ibanez RG3EXQM1
Epiphone SG G-310

Amps:
Crate Palomino V16

Pedals
Ibanez TS9DX
Try them out....and when I mean try them out, I mean try ALL of them out. YOU have to pick the right one. There's always lemons inthe bunch and you want to get the best one out of em'.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
yea, of course, i just talked to my guitar instructor, so yea ill try them out. thanks
Gear:

Guitars:
Takamine Gs330S
Ibanez RG3EXQM1
Epiphone SG G-310

Amps:
Crate Palomino V16

Pedals
Ibanez TS9DX
Quote by md41
yea, of course, i just talked to my guitar instructor, so yea ill try them out. thanks

Good luck to you then.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
whatever my dad is being a total B**** and wont let me get one unless i have a REALLY GOOD REASON why i should get another one. its pissing me off. he always makes the dumb lame ass excuse that i have to get better and shit. im not asking for a guitar thats like a thousand dollars or anything. dammit
Gear:

Guitars:
Takamine Gs330S
Ibanez RG3EXQM1
Epiphone SG G-310

Amps:
Crate Palomino V16

Pedals
Ibanez TS9DX
Quote by md41
whatever my dad is being a total B**** and wont let me get one unless i have a REALLY GOOD REASON why i should get another one. its pissing me off. he always makes the dumb lame ass excuse that i have to get better and shit. im not asking for a guitar thats like a thousand dollars or anything. dammit

What's your current rig? And will you be buying it with your own money?

Same thing happened to me and my parents...but had a long talk and further more said that If I was to buy something quite expensive, I would have to pay for it.

...Meh, but if you get good grades, it'll help--my parents are helping me pay for shipping on my amp.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
^^

just convince him that you are not getting the best from you current gear...
and you're not happy with it anymore...

EDIT: Jinskee got it... nevermind my post
i hope this works...
Gear:

Guitars:
Takamine Gs330S
Ibanez RG3EXQM1
Epiphone SG G-310

Amps:
Crate Palomino V16

Pedals
Ibanez TS9DX
Had the same problem with my parents, but I bought a new amp anyway despite the fact that "my current amp is good enough".
yea, i just wanna own a guitar that ISNT a squier, cause everyone and their little sister has it i mean come on
Gear:

Guitars:
Takamine Gs330S
Ibanez RG3EXQM1
Epiphone SG G-310

Amps:
Crate Palomino V16

Pedals
Ibanez TS9DX
well i was thinking about getting another "starter" and its an Epiphone Les Paul, for only 150 bucks on guitar center online. i should go check them all out. and ANYTHING has better sound than a cheap-ass Squier, so why not? ok i need a list of why Epiphones are better than Squiers.
Gear:

Guitars:
Takamine Gs330S
Ibanez RG3EXQM1
Epiphone SG G-310

Amps:
Crate Palomino V16

Pedals
Ibanez TS9DX
Don't get a Les Paul Special, or anything below Standard, they're just about as bad as Squier. If you're going to get another starter guitar.... on second thought, if you're thinking of getting another starter guitar, you're better off keeping the Squier.
dont get a special or a junior, just a epi version of your strat. they are same quality imo, if i were to start again i would of got a special and a roland cube rather than squier strat pack but your not starting again so stay clear..

get the epi standard, you wont regret it
The standard is a great guitar, all + and - have been mentioned but mine has been fantastic. Make sure YOU choose the guitar, because you have to get one that feels right. Dont go below standard, try the standard and customs. Just craze your dad and if he says no just say yes lol. it's what I did haha.
Keep the Squier, I mean who cares if someones little sister has the same guitar? Id actually worry about someones little sister being better than me on guitar. Desire leads to suffering.

If I were you, Id just keep the Squire. Dont buy another guitar if its going to be equally or even worse than your current one, just because of the name.

If you truly hate the name Squier, just buy sandpaper and sand the logo off. Then use a Sharpie to write what ever brand you like, because by buying another Epiphone starter pack, that is what you are doing.
yea im over it now. he said later i can get a new one. the Squier is good for now. afterall its primarily the amp that provides the type of sound, not the guitar itself
Gear:

Guitars:
Takamine Gs330S
Ibanez RG3EXQM1
Epiphone SG G-310

Amps:
Crate Palomino V16

Pedals
Ibanez TS9DX
^Very true, but the guitar still throws some importance in the equation.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R