Page 1 of 2
I don't, but I'm sure they've found one or two folded up poems they've mistaken for notes and read. They haven't mentioned it to me though, probably because I write about drugs and have some profanity in there.
Quote by soccermom
Of course eating unbelievable amounts of anything can probably harm you, but i chose bananas because they look like willies.
Yeah, I've let my mom read my lyrics once during a therapy session and thanks to that, they think I'm wierder than I was before. Well, it was lyrics for my joke band, Cotton Underwear but songs about animal men can make some people uneasy.
No, but then again... they don't really care too much either.
from.lashes.to.ashes || from.lust.to.dust
I dont write them often. Me and a friend sat down and wrote song for the band we wanted to start. But I def wouldnt want my mom at least to read them. Not that there to personal but just seems weird.
my parents would have more of a raeson to think i'm on drugs if i showed them my lyrics... and plus alot of songs i write are personal so ****k you mom and dad
I don't run to them like, "Hey parents! Check out these new lyrics I wrote that would probably bewilder/confuse you!", but I don't try to hide the stuff I write. They're pretty cool and they're open to any kind of subject matter. My mom doesn't like the "f word" though.
[SIZE=
I've told them I write them but they don't read them, I wouldn't let them. Too personal. Though I get the feeling my father does when I'm not around an dleave the computer on, he doesn't let me have privacy.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
My parents do. They had to because I was offered a spot in a grade 12 creative writing class (I'm in grade 10).
Member #11 of the Steve Irwin Memorial Club, pm Clincher09 to join

Quote by MuffinMan
Women: the newest form of currency.
My dad knows that I write lyrics because he knows I'm the singer in my band, but I don't think he's actually seen any of my lyrics. The only time he's heard them was when he listened to us practicing one of our songs, and the lyrics for that one are pretty abstract and out-there...
╠═══════╬═══════╣

FUZZY FLATPICKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Enjoy occasionally controversial ramblings related to guitars? I have a blog which meets these criteria.
No. My brother knows though, and he actually likes them which surprised me.
Quote by Corwinoid
Metal doesn't hold hands, it gets head in the van before the show. Seriously.

Originally posted by tyler 417 714
Quote by (-) Ions
There's a band called tool?

Quote by NewWaves
People still watch MTV?
My dad probably doesn't know but I think my mom does(I don't count my step dad as family so I'll leave him out.).....My mom would freak out and say I needed help etc etc.....
I don't let them read my songs or anything, but they've heard a few when my band plays them. I haven't performed any of the really personal stuff yet, though.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
Sort of. I write them, but my parents don't care what they say, and I'm ok with that. They're too personal, and a bit weird, and my parents are too literal in their thinking.
<ter> quote me!
<alex> dont quote ter

<Barry> joe striani? is that the guy from the who?

Top Samurai of UG's Unofficial MST3K fan club, PM tossup to join

Quote by ss311
10/10 you gloriously peculiar chatter Voltan rocks.

Quote by deluxity
that's hot voltan
no but apparently dad found my notebook and read my personal lyrics. which were sometimes gory and not personal but mostly personal...but he moved to el paso whatevah...
No, but I think my dad might have read a few saved files on the computer

None of it is really that personal where I get embarassed if my parents find out.
Occasionally. Some of my songs are really worrying, and are blatantly insulting to my father. However, they don't know about those.
Last edited by Holy Katana at Feb 3, 2007,
Considering I've released albums and demos with bands I've been in, all of which my parents have listened to and enjoyed, they've definitely heard the lyrics I've written.

They've never said anything about it before, though my dad has told me I'm a good songwriter, so...
Electrolytes Smell Like Semen...
no i dont cuz if i did, theyre the type of parents that would interpret it on a dirty or suicidal level. i dont write about that. but like if they found them, theyd take me to a therapist. Ive got personal songs, and they would be like wtf if they found em
Quote by xDie_Romanticx
no i dont cuz if i did, theyre the type of parents that would interpret it on a dirty or suicidal level. i dont write about that. but like if they found them, theyd take me to a therapist. Ive got personal songs, and they would be like wtf if they found em

I already go to a therapist, so it wouldn't really matter if my parents read them.
Quote by Holy Katana
I already go to a therapist, so it wouldn't really matter if my parents read them.

i feel weird opening up to people. I leave my parents and most people in the dark as much as i possibly can.
Quote by guitar?
theres kids who go to my school whose parents go to their concert.

And what if you can't drive a car yet and don't know how to transport your amps without them?
Often they want to stay to listen but by now they know I don't like it.
Quote by noahray
no because they listen to country, which sucks fcuking balls. they dont want to hear my obscene gore lyrics. they would ask me where the part about "saving a horse" or some filth is

*smack*
Bloody elitist. I'm no country fan, but if you're gonna poke fun at a genre, at least make it the emo genre(or what it has become the past couple of years).
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
I think my parents know I write lyrics, but they don't really know what they are about. Im guessing they think the lyrics I write are about stupid teenage $hit, but they lyrics I write are sorta spiritual and my parents wouldn't really understand them
my mom knows but she never asks or looks, my dad doesn't really know though. so it's all good, cuz i write em when no 1 is in my personal space.
i dont write lyrics, i improvise angry punk songs
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Page 1 of 2