i know what they do, but can i put them in a fender hotrod or anything like that or do they require a special input in the amp?
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
I don't think you can. What're you gonna control on a Fender Hotrod? You might be able to perform a simple mod to use the pedal to control volume or something, but at the moment it's not possible.
i just need it so i don't have to fiddle with my volume knob all the time. i like my sound and don't feel like going digital over this.
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
that doesn't work the same way, it only decreases the volume not the gain. an expression pedal varies the gain on your sound amd so does your volume knob, but the pedal is just less of a hassle.
UG's Flamenco Club
Actually, if you have a good amp (a valve amp preferably), it responds to your playing dynamics and distortion occurs naturally. You get more drive if more signal is fed into the amp (ever wonder what active pickups are for?). You can get volume pedals that boost the volume as well as cut it.
Quote by sashki
Actually, if you have a good amp (a valve amp preferably), it responds to your playing dynamics and distortion occurs naturally. You get more drive if more signal is fed into the amp (ever wonder what active pickups are for?). You can get volume pedals that boost the volume as well as cut it.

Could you name a volume pedal that does that?
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
Quote by Woogles
Could you name a volume pedal that does that?

Ernie Ball, Morley, Vox: just any volume pedal.
Quote by sashki

told you already i'm not looking for a volume pedal i'm looking for a pedal that allows me to cut ansd boost the gain. pretty much like a tube screamer with a drive footcontrol, i know boss has stuff like that but well... you know it's boss i've got everything the way i like it and i'm not gonna mess it up by putting crap in between.
and don't get sarcastic on me with actives i've got a guitar with emg's as well.

you know if you roll down the volume knob when playing with a distortion pedal the signal cleans up. expression pedals are supposed to do the same thing, i just wanna know if there are certain restrictions to the amps you can use them on.
UG's Flamenco Club
Last edited by FretboardToAsh at Feb 3, 2007,
that wouldn't be too hard: just buy an MXR micro amp or something, gut it, and take an old wah pedal. stick the jacks at either side of the pedal, and set the pot up on the rocker.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
and that would allow me too vary the gain with my foot. sounds logical, just wanted to know if it could be done thanks. you think i'd be able to do that with a tubescreamer?
(mind you i'm gonna try it with a ts-9 reissue first, so i won't **** up the 808 right away)
UG's Flamenco Club
Last edited by FretboardToAsh at Feb 4, 2007,