Ok. I'm thinking about getting a krankenstein dimebag series head and I was wondering if it's good enough to drive across the state to try and buy it. I play alot of types of metal (Nu, Death, Black, Thrash) and hardcore. Comments?
ig youre looking for that original dimebag tone then stay away for the krank signature instead opt for the randall warhead amp, this is what dime used for most of his career
MY gear
Vintage v100 les paul.
POS Ion strat
Vox ad50vt
15 watt practice amp
Ibanez rg570
^^

if you're looking for a good metal tone then look at some of these...

Marshall JCM800, JCM900
Engl Screamer, Powerball, Fireball
Laney GH50L, GH100L
Mesa Dual, Triple Rectifier
Randall Warhead, G3

others:

Soldano
VHT
Ampeg
Rivera

I've just saw your sig...
and you've already have a good amp... (IE Line 6 Vetta II)
it's worth driving across the state if it lets you try it before purchasing... you'll save the purchase price minus petrol/gasoline, and you'll also get a free laugh.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I played the Krankenstein at Guitar center the other day. Soeone traded in a purple colored one, Yuck!

The tone was very sterile and harsh. Kinda pantera-ish (i'm not a big fan of dime's tone, although I do like pantera's music) but I certainly would not pay what Krank is asking for this head. I have heard better sounding modeling amps than the krank-en-crap.

On a side note, the Revolution one head is not all that bad. If you are looking for a high-gain all metal sound, it works nicely if you can find a used one. I dont think it is worth the $1600 price that Krank charges, but used at around $1000 it's not a bad amp.
Peavey JSX 2x12
ESP Horizon NT-II
Ibz RG3EXQM - EMG 81/89
Ibz RG270 - Dimarzio PAF Pro/Mo' Joe
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez DE-7
EHX Small Clone
Boss NS-2