Im thinking of buying Schaller Locking Tuners and I was wondering what some opinions were on them. Can you use the whammy bar ALOT and will it stay in tune? Are they worth the money? Any other comments would be sweet too.
Traynor YCS-50>EHX SMM w/ Hazarai>EHX DMM>EHX Holy Grail>EHX Small Stone>EHX Big Muff PI (NY)>EHX Pulsar>Ibanez TS-9DX>Echo Park>Ibanez Vintage Tubeking>Fulltone OCD>Zvex Fuzz Factory> Roto-Machine>Fulltone Wah>MJM London Fuzz>Fender Strat
I think they are worth the money. They helped the tuning stability on my Strat immensely. With locking tuners, graphtech nut, and graptech saddles, I can use the whammy bar all day without it going out of tune. Very worth it IMO, especially considering they bolt right up on a strat, no modifications necessary.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Schaller are good quality tuners all around, locking or not. And they do help hold the guitar in tune very well.

Schaller, along with Sperzel do tend to be the most expensive of all locking tuners. I've currently got Grover on my Agile and ESP, Planet Waves on my LTD, and Gotoh on my Gibson, and Sperzel on my former Warmoth V. All are locking tuners, and none of them really 'work' any better than the other when it comes to holding tuning. Granted, I don't have any trems on those guitars, so I can't say they hold under those condition, but I suspect they would work as well as any other.

I should add that Planet Waves tuners should directly fit a Fender without modification. They have an added bonus that they also clip of the excess string flush to the tuning post for you as you tune up. So you no longer need for clippers and you have no sharp ends of strings left over to poke yourself with. Personally, Planet Waves will be the locking tuners I install on any future guitar from this point forward.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Yes, Ive heard of the other locking tuners you mentioned, yet I heard mixed reviews of most them, exluding the Schaller. I heard the Planet waves arnt true locking tuners and work poorly with a tremolo. Without any firsthand experience, I cannot verify this, but it adds some doubt.
And by the way, Genz Benz are incredible amps. Absoutely love em
Traynor YCS-50>EHX SMM w/ Hazarai>EHX DMM>EHX Holy Grail>EHX Small Stone>EHX Big Muff PI (NY)>EHX Pulsar>Ibanez TS-9DX>Echo Park>Ibanez Vintage Tubeking>Fulltone OCD>Zvex Fuzz Factory> Roto-Machine>Fulltone Wah>MJM London Fuzz>Fender Strat
I'd prefer Sperzels, but they are all meant to do the same thing anyway.
Schallers are pretty good, but since you have a vintage trem, whatever locking tuner you use won't matter since the range isn't massive.
Just so that you know, your guitar will still be slightly out of tune after heavy whammy use even with locking tuners.