ok an old freind of mine moved and left for me huge speaker looking thing he used for an amp but my amp doesnt give it enough volume so what do i buy to give it more of a punch?
Gear:

Ibanez GRX
Dean MLX
Dime Crybaby From Hell
Ibanez Practice Amp
Pyle Pro PPG86OA 300 Wat Amp
Homemade 100 Wat Cab
Crate GT1200H Amp Head
what the hell....ok im now officially confused......how can a 300 watt amp not give enough power ??? anyways whats the speaker? how many watts? what size? etc. etc.
You cannot choose the little time you're given in this world. You enter bare and unclothed, provided only with intelligence enough to choose how you spend your time. You always have a choice. Always. Though be warned, your choice can rarely be undone
i dont know how much the speaker is but it not loud when i plug the amp to the speaker thing its just load enough for me to hear i want it louder
Gear:

Ibanez GRX
Dean MLX
Dime Crybaby From Hell
Ibanez Practice Amp
Homemade 100 Wat Cab
Crate GT1200H Amp Head
I have no idea what youre talking about...

I dont think you do either...

Chances are youve hooked everything up wrong.
Quote by kurdtkobaign
I have no idea what youre talking about...

I dont think you do either...

Chances are youve hooked everything up wrong.

+1 If he's got a 300 watt amp and it's not loud enough, I don't know what to say... maybe, get your ears checked or something.
Well usually when people say "homemade" or whatever...its an old theater speaker (like the big all 3 way ones) and not made for guitar but rather for movies and CDs lol.
You have a 300 watt amp...how does that not give enough punch? What kind of speaker is it? How many watts? How much impendace?

I've seen those amps - they're 300 watts "peak music power", which means jack shit basically...he'll be lucky if it's even 30 watts rms.

Also, i'm pretty sure the one he has isn't a guitar amp, just a hi fi amp so it'll be chronically unsuitable for the task at hand.

[Edit] nope, found it....

http://www.audio-discounters.com/ppg-860a.html

50 watts RMS, at best it'll be average.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Feb 3, 2007,
so should i just buy a headto get some distortion to the homemade one?
Gear:

Ibanez GRX
Dean MLX
Dime Crybaby From Hell
Ibanez Practice Amp
Homemade 100 Wat Cab
Crate GT1200H Amp Head