Page 1 of 4
do you have it really low or high, which is easiest?

i want to have it lower but its harder for me too player complicated stuff, should i just keep practsiing?
I rarely ever stand up with my guitar, but when I do, it's about average height. I really don't see what's cool about wearing it really low; it just hinders your playing and you look like a chode.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
The highest setting on my strap. Its one of those with three preset holes. I would like it higher, though.
Quote by Demon Wolf
Man, you even got the melody right. +1000000 points.

Quote by Night_Lights
^thats a brilliant call. *jots in notebook*
i have mine high... i like it high, when you play a solo or somthing, its much easier too gain better accuracy with hitting the note, for me anyways..
low, hetfield style
Gear: ESP MH250 NT
ESP EX400 ow
Ashton Dualler

Marshall MG50DFX

Jim Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
EHX metal muff
never let height compromise your playing. mines pretty low tho
Quote by metaldud536
Because there is a bomb in the lasagna!

Quote by Kid_Thorazine
make loud howling noises and throw your feces at them whenever they bring it up, I suggest that your GF does the same.
pretty high up... don't wear it low because that's cool... it makes you look like a tool
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
Mines about average in the middle, a little on the low side.. i can't stand playing with it low, i guess im just not used to it.. harder to play some songs adn what not
"See, you're born punk. When you get your first haircut, then you're alternative. Then you let it grow long, then you're metal." - Kirk Hammett
Mine's low. If I raise it at all, the top of it brushes against my stomach, and it bugs me, and I find it extremely uncomfortable. I recently raised it one notch to help, and seems to have helped as well, but it's still pretty low. If I jumped up and let the guitar go down by itself, I'd sack myself with the bottom cutaway.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
Yeah, I guess I'd rather look gay and play well than to look "cool" and totally suck. High is good sometimes.
LOL
i rarely play standing up, but when i do its pretty high.

i play guitar hero with the strap as long as it goes
A Seven Nation army couldn't hold me back.
Quote by _Mayday_
I have it to hide my erections.

I can't control myself.

Happens to the best of us. Hang your head high and be true to yourself.
LOL
High for six string.Slightly lower for seven string and really low for Five string bass.I play it pretty much like an upright at times.
Quote by lol2theworld
I was about to diss kornflipsk8er, but then i realized hes an 03er and im an 09er.
I am inferior to him.

Quote by metalh3ad88
I am fairly certain that kornflipsk8er is GOD!!!11!!!!1!!
pretty low, i always keep my guitar low (even accoustic) because... hmm... it looks cool? you know, if i can't play good, i least should look cool but seriously, i like that style, i can move, jump or doing what i only want just feel free
Pretty high, but I have a Hollow-Electric, so I don't have much choice I play all guitars pretty high though
I have it where it's the most comfortable to play.

No point making things difficult for yourself just to look "cool".
Higher. you look hard core. Anyone can play a guitar low and look cool, it takes a hardass to play it high and look cool.
Originally posted by fuzzybunny
I hereby dub you the UG's new God of Love. Really. That was brilliant.

heh.
Originally posted by someone i can't remember
the one called lukef speaks the truth.
Quote by DownInAHole.
Happens to the best of us. Hang your head high and be true to yourself.

Not when you are playing for your granmother.
Quote by _Mayday_

O_o thats pretty different. Maybe it happens to the worst and sickest of us then.
LOL
Quote by _Mayday_

can you say...AWKWARD?

i play it either slightly low or moderately low, either the cutout touching my mid-innder-thigh or just above mah knee. sometimes uncomfortable, but i feel like an ass with it at me 'pits
Member of the SOAD Fan club.

sdrawkcab gnidaer pots

DeviantArt
Quote by BodaciousZac
"Noob can't even kill level 2 boars."
Originally Posted by clincher09
just might be testicular cancer, but I bet you'd give your left nut not to have cancer
Quote by deluxity
a beautiful point between both

Same here.
Ballz On Parade
Part of the Emo Dies in 2007 club, PM DownInAHole. or cockzit to join
I have mine in the middle, right around my belt buckle... people who wear it any lower are generally huge tools.
*Official Deadhead*

The times they are a-changin'
Quote by DownInAHole.
Low. Low is badass.

I play bass down by my knees. I'm so badass. I play guitar high up though. Helps alot.
Just so the top of my guitar is just under my ribs
Quote by Burtonjp
Thats right.. I'm drooling over your body... *walks off and registers as a gay sex offender *

~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
6 string bass I prefer playing higher, because having the C string opens up so much melodic stuff that I'd like to be able to reach, but 4 string the lower the better, and 5 a bit higher but not as high as 6.
haha
I have mine in the middle
My Gear:
ESP LTD EC-1000 SW
ESP LTD EC 500 STBC
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Dean Razorback Two Tone
Ibanez 7 string
Randall RH150G3 Head and Cab
Page 1 of 4