my locking nut wont lock the low E but A locks.. i dont get why, i set it tight as tight as possible. but still the low e wont lock, im still able to mess with the tuning knobs although the locking nut is tight. can simbody help me
Try inverting the saddly bit that goes over the A and E strings by rotating it 180 degrees, or swapping it with one of the other two...some wank at the factory mighta screwed them on the wrong way.
I have the same problem except it's the opposite strings. For me E and A lock but not DGBe won't.
Washburn WI-64
Jackson DK2
Randall RM100C
Digitech RP200A
Digitech DF-7
Digitech Phase Shifter
Boss OS-2
Boss Bf-2
The thing that locks it down could be worn out, especially if its a LFR or something.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
yeah, like mentioned, make sure the locking pads are aligned correctly on the nut. You can see it pretty easily, one alignment has 2 flat parts that press on the string, where aligned the other way, there is a bow in the middle. Also make sure the string retainer above the locking nut is low enough where it's causing the strings to angle down after the nut.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids