im having a little problem with audacity...
well, the first track i record on a project is always perfectly normal and fine
BUT
the first track 'leaks' onto the subsequent tracks, with a slight delay, making it soudn echoed kinda
and, that makes the next track quite loud, which, on my bass, cuts off the top of the sound waves and makes it distorted, which i DO NOT want

i can silence some parts, but while both tracks are playing, it will have the weird delay
also, the bass thing is important to me, it needs to be powerful, but NOT distorted

and, i need to figure out what to do, im planning to write/record a song and ask a girl out with it, so it needs to sound really good

thanks in advance

oh yes, and my comp has 2 mic ports, im recording everything by mic, and maybe the frotn mic port is no good?
i could try the back, but its hard to access so im askign here first

thanks in advance
Quote by metaldud536
Because there is a bomb in the lasagna!

Quote by Kid_Thorazine
make loud howling noises and throw your feces at them whenever they bring it up, I suggest that your GF does the same.
i might be wrong, but i think the problem you have is that your microphone is too near to your computer speakers, so when you're recording, the microphone is picking up the previous tracks.
if this is the problem, simply move the microphone away from your computer speakers, and it should solve the problem

hope this helps
Quote by dwally89
i might be wrong, but i think the problem you have is that your microphone is too near to your computer speakers, so when you're recording, the microphone is picking up the previous tracks.
if this is the problem, simply move the microphone away from your computer speakers, and it should solve the problem

hope this helps

ive tried headphones, but maybe cause the phone/speaker jack is right next to the mic jack

plus the mics by my amp, across the room
Quote by metaldud536
Because there is a bomb in the lasagna!

Quote by Kid_Thorazine
make loud howling noises and throw your feces at them whenever they bring it up, I suggest that your GF does the same.