If I am playing spider runs on each string, say
A|----------5-6-7-8
E|5-6-7-8----------
like that up and then in reverse down the strings, playing the first note of each, in this case, 5th fret, on the click of a metronome going at 176 bmp, is that 4 X 176 / 60 = 11.7 nps? The same way would going 5-6-7-8-7-6 and repeating on the click of the 176 bmp be 6 X 176 / 60 = 17.6 nps?

More importantly, is that fast by any standard?

Cheers
Originally posted by Meths
You need serious amounts of therapy.

Quote by jagstang270
One should not try to masturbate while Dragoneforce is in the background
you just can't keep up.

Quote by waylay00
DragonForce? Sounds like some early 90's children's cartoon or action hero lineup.
It depends. Is it Alt picked? is it legato'd? Is it clean? probably should have asked in the fastest guitarist thread.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Alt picked, four fingers, yeh I practise on clean.

Quote by jagstang270
you just can't keep up.

Quote by waylay00
DragonForce? Sounds like some early 90's children's cartoon or action hero lineup.
are you playing sixteenth notes?
(4 notes per beat)
Quote by beadhangingOne
There is no music but metal and muhammad is its prophet.
That's pretty fast.

It's no Batio or Petrucci but good work.
"That Hidde's a cool guy" -Abe Lincoln
"Hidde? Yeah we jam all the time" -Steve Vai
"Remember that time when burt jumped out of the tree and into the river? Good times!" -Jesus

So I heard you liek profiles?
Quote by EZLN libertad
are you playing sixteenth notes?
(4 notes per beat)

On the first bit yeh, 5-6-7-8 per beat.

Quote by jagstang270
you just can't keep up.

Quote by waylay00
aye, its pretty solid, faster then me right now

just curious, how old are you?
Quote by beadhangingOne
There is no music but metal and muhammad is its prophet.
I've been 18 for a month, played just under four years. Until about 5-6 months ago I didnt play with my little finger ever but practised like a bitch to get into using it with the metronome and it made me a lot faster. Pretty useless though as I can't string a solo together on my own just copy others.

Quote by jagstang270
you just can't keep up.

Quote by waylay00
^ cool stuff dude, i hit 18 the other day picking sequences. I find that you should working on phrasing too, if you can't really string a solo together yet. A good exercise is listen to s song with vocals and follow it with the guitar. Be sure to listen to tone, keeping it close (as possible) to the tone of the singers voice. This will help you develop an ear for different tones and melodies. Move on to harmonizing the vocal line, and creating a counterpoint for it then, etc etc. And then once you got the speed and control to play what you hear. I think you'll be rippin it up
My Youtube Vids

"Be formless... shapeless like water.

If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle.

Water can flow, and it can crash....Be water, my friend..." - Bruce Lee