LAst night, i was playing on my bass, and jus kinda nailed Slap Bass, i could pop but its useless with out slap(i ithink)

so ive worked on it and i think ive got it nailed, what are easy song i can pratice the technique with?
Custom 4 String P/J-Bass
Zoom B2.1u
Ashdown Thomann Special Edition 180w
Ashdown Perfect 10 Combo

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join
Emergency on Planet Earth by Jamiroquai is nice and slow and a good practice song. It's mainly octaves, so nothing to technical. It was the first song i learned. If you dont have it, PM your email address and i will email you for, along with a tab.
True Men Don’t Kill Coyotes by RHCP
Cant Stop by RHCP
Higher Ground by RHCP
you could try some Primus songs too like john the fisherman if you can do chords.
antipop by primus also comes to mind, im not sure. just try to play them
Gear: 08 Fender MIA Jazz bass,
American Peavey Millenium Plus 4,
GK 1001RBII,
Mesa/Boogie RR215,
Schecter C-1 Classic.
try the way primus played master of puppets at woodstock 94... that would be badass if you learned it. lol and post a recording if you do
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.
any red hot chili peppers song
Gear:
Epiphone SG Vintage
Digitech RP 100A
Kustom Quad 100 DFX
Washburn D10S Deluxe (electric acoustic)
lol, i might try an find the master of puppets thing, but im gonna try Cant Stop, and ill pm you applehead when i figure how to....ug isnt clear, i never looked at hte pm system
Custom 4 String P/J-Bass
Zoom B2.1u
Ashdown Perfect 10 Combo

yeah they have a good tab of MoP with slap bass im pretty sure
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.
Quote by Ampeg SVT
True Men Don’t Kill Coyotes by RHCP
Cant Stop by RHCP
Higher Ground by RHCP
you could try some Primus songs too like john the fisherman if you can do chords.
antipop by primus also comes to mind, im not sure. just try to play them

John the fisherman has 0 slap in it. In the studio it sounds like plain fingerstyle when its not flamenco, and live he spanks it instead of slapping it.

Master of Puppets by Primus, and every RHCP song listed there is NOT a good song to work on slapping on as a beginner.

Work on paradiddles, Rollercoaster of Love by the Ohio Players, and a lot of Jamiroquai would be a good place to start.

Intermediate RHCP and Primus, let alone MoP by Primus, are NOT.

Quote by AshDoro

what, the 5 star rating and credible author () didn't give you enough faith in it?
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
Quote by UtBDan

what, the 5 star rating and credible author () didn't give you enough faith in it?

Never hurts to check does it?
Custom 4 String P/J-Bass
Zoom B2.1u
Ashdown Perfect 10 Combo