I am thinking about trading the local guitar store with my Digitech RP50 and Ibanez autowah either for an original Crybaby wah wah or an older, used Whammy Pedal. I want the Whammy because Dragon Force use it but is it really that great? Will I eventually get bored of it? Is the Crybaby better? Thanks.
the crybaby is a more substantial pedal, theres only so much u can do with a whammy pedal
plus the crybaby sounds amazing
Quote by sargasm
I like to draw pictures of penises everywhere.

It makes me feel like a big man.

Proud owner of a fender deluxe player's strat - honey blonde/maple neck Here it is

Member of the Stratocaster Lovers Group
i like crybabies. i use a crybaby classic with the fasel inductor thing.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by dudeman_andy
the crybaby is a more substantial pedal, theres only so much u can do with a whammy pedal
plus the crybaby sounds amazing

That's BS, there's far more you can do with a whammy pedal than you can with a Crybaby.
Funny words.
Quote by I_Am_Iron_Man
That's BS, there's far more you can do with a whammy pedal than you can with a Crybaby.

Agreed. Two words:

TOM. MORELLO.
Well, they're both very different....think about what you need more.

I think some wah songs can be played without a wah....but whammy effects cannot be done without a whammy. Dragonforce only use it to 'reinforce' the sound, but if you do stuff like Tom Morello....then you can only do that with a whammy.
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']Agreed. Two words:

TOM. MORELLO.
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
we have a Llama forum, and still no drum forum.
I say get a wah.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by Jinskee
I say get a wah.

me too.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']Agreed. Two words:

TOM. MORELLO.

And to threadstarter, you'd get bored with a crybaby far quicker than you would with the whammy pedal, although it all depends how often you intend to use each of them, use them and don't abuse them

That way you'll get what you need out of them, if you start using them on every piece of music you do, you'll get bored of them, and so will people listening to your music.

But yeah, considering the whammy pedal has octave shifters, a harmonizer, a drop tuner and a divebomb function (going by a Digitech Whammy pedal), whereas the crybaby has no customisable features, you'll have a lot more to play around with if you get the Whammy pedal.
Funny words.
I dont think he knows exactly what the whammy pedal does. ITS NOT A WAH IN ANY WAY.

Besides, theyre like $250. Youre not going to be able to trade the auto-wah and the RP50 for the whammy straight across. Just not gunna happen lol.
Quote by KileManA7X
No this one is 100. It's an older version and it's used.

I still doubt it will be a straight across trade. Music shops will rip you off in any way possible.
The older versions of the Whammy's are supposed to be amazing but haven't had the chance to try one out yet
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75

Screw it... get both!
Mesa Dual Rec/ Mesa 4X12 cab
01 PRS Custom 22
06 PRS Singlecut Ann.
1965 Fender Mustang
Ibanez acoustic
AceFrehley Epiphone LP
Takamine Explorer
tr-2 tu-2 / EHX DMM / MXR Script Phase 90 / SMM w/ HAZR
WH-1 Whammy / 535Q Crybaby
Quote by guitarrocka205

Screw it... get both!

Dayam...
Quote by rabidguitarist

Quote by daytripper75
O_O

Nice set up! The only thing that really popped out to me was your chromatic tuner.

Is it as acurate as people say it is? I find it to be quite expensive.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
well id say look into the EX7 pedal by digitech as well. my freind and i love our EX7's, but you should look into that as well. another option some dont look at.
Ovation Celebrity
MIJ STRAT
Ibanez Prestige S1220WNF
modded Ibanez GAX75
Fender tuner-DIGITECH EX-7-BOSS SD1-Ibanez CF7-Tech 21 TM 60
(LOOP)Boss DD20(Loop)
My soundclick page