T'is fair to say I'm still relatively new around these parts compared to many but already I've stumbled across thread after thread about "What song to play for a girl/guy" and suchlike in an attempt to leave them swooning into your arms and you then live happily ever after...etc.

If you believe films then it's the perfect method to win someone over, almost a surefire way to get that special person to return the feelings you posess for them. Sing them a song, whether it be a classic love song or one you've written from the heart or whatever...they're bound to be won over...

It all seems really well and good and for old romantics (which I admit to being one) but as we all know, real life is never that simple and not necassarily bound to have a happy ending a la the majority of films.

So, out of curiosity, I ask this...does this method actually work? Ever? Has anyone done something similar and hit the jackpot? Also has anyone ever done it and found that it was in vain? Does a heartfelt performance actually help win the heart of that special someone?

Might seem a silly question but the amount of threads that I've already seen on this topic it does make you wonder whether this supposedly reknown method actually has a success rate.

Thoughts? Experiences? Or by questioning this am I killing the 'magic'?
I think the point is not to earn somebody's heart, but just to increase your chance to have sex with your girlfriend. Right? And it worked for me, they just do everything after a cute love song.
Brokeback Lego - Animation Movie I Made

Quote by \GuitarHero/
Our band mascot is a Muffin.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who aren't close-minded morons.
It worked on me. We've been going out for 5 months now. He played my favorite song. But he didn't really have to play, I would have said yes anyways.
* casualty01 slinks away, sad, with a paddle in one hand and a strap on in the other.
Quote by Zuka
It works, but... Not on everyone.

And if they don't have any interest in you before, why now?
I think the point is not to earn somebody's heart, but just to increase your chance to have sex with your girlfriend. Right? And it worked for me, they just do everything after a cute love song.

lol
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.
it has to be the right kind of girl (considering it is a guy playing the song). my girlfriend, for example, isnt into any of that overly romantic stuff. and honestly it makes me feel queasy as well. the only people i know that have done this are the theater nerds and the hopelessly romantic. thank god for what i have found in my girl
find a nice acoustic chord sequence and alternate between strumming and broken arpeggios. always seem so much more complicated than it is
Check out 8-Bit Trip!
www.myspace.com/8BitTrip

-·-·-·[ Music Squirrel ]·-·-·-

Also, get on my profile and friend me, bitches!
I asked my girlfriend out with a Ramones song, "I wanna be your boyfriend," And Ive been with her close to a year. So in my case it worked out perfectly.
my ex and I split up a couple months ago, and i can truely say that playing guitar for her at 3 in the morning over a cell phone really was a meaningfull expierince. even if it doesnt get you laid. try it.
A Seven Nation army couldn't hold me back.
well, i wrote a little acoustic-guitar song for this one girl, and she really liked it - although it didn't really increase my chances or anything... ok, i'll have to admit - it WAS a pretty crappy song. or at least i think so...
I guess the best thing to do is to try and find out if the person you intend to perform to would like that sort of thing before trying it...

Although having said that it's almost become a clichéd romantic gesture and many seem to hold the impression that it's a dead cert to work.

All depends on the person I guess.
Quote by Paroxysm
And if they don't have any interest in you before, why now?

No kidding.
I think guitar is just another chat up line. I mean if you play a song exclusively for a girl then it's kinda like saying you like em, and that's why you get a positive response.

I mean, if you're an ugly effer or the girl has no interest in you whatsoever then I doubt it will work. It does help though (depending on how good you are/your musical taste).

In summary:

guitar > chat-up line < Good looks and personality.
Quote by jimtaka
i'd say your guitar is out of tune, or you are accidentally muting strings that you aren't trying to, or your right hand isn't strumming at the same time that your left hand is fretting, or you could be reading the tab upside down...
man if a girl played guitar for me I would totally go out withe her.

Also,acousticpyro23, I totally poked teh bear, I'm sorry I couldn't resist.
-Tox

ಠ_ಠ
WHOT?