Page 1 of 2
I'm having loads of different music phases at the moment, with different bands.

Afew weeks ago it was a Tool, Incubus and At the drive-in kinda phase

At the moment, i can't stop listening to JOHN FRUSCIANTE, Rage agaisnt the machine, and Queens of the Stoneage.

You going through any random phases?

Wiggy
All I've listened to in the past 6 days is blues...

BB king, Jimmy Ray, Hendrix...etcetera
I'm hooked on Job For A Cowboy and Killswitch Engage
"As though you never left my side, I hold your stiffened body, so close to me."
i'm hooked on Death From Above, but thats just cuz thats the kinda music my band wants to play i guess, which is cool with me, cuz i like it too
Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~
The Special Ed kid of the bass militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join

Quote by fourstringpunk
She looks like an STD vending machine.
im working on an album so im doin the closest thing to "lock yourself in the studio till its done" as i can. for the past week ive been listening to almost nothing but ben folds, jimmy eat world, bob dylan, dashboard confessional, and pink floyd
Quote by RHCP94
funkdaddyfresh is a real American
oh and Sublime and anything with John Frusciante in..at all...
His solo stuff, Ataxia, Mars Volta, RHCP... i love that man
Weezer and Necrophagist... what a combo
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Laney VH100R
Epi Les Paul (SH-1 '59 neck, SH-11 custom custom bridge)
I've been listening to too much happy power metal lately...
Quote by Twist of fate
Aliens can invade us. Apparently you've never heard of pearl harbor

Acoustic and Folk-type things, today I've been listening to Woodie Guthrie and a bit of Damien Rice.
Quote by Bass Cat
i'm hooked on Death From Above, but thats just cuz thats the kinda music my band wants to play i guess, which is cool with me, cuz i like it too

I remember that phase, just after my hardore punk phase, then I got into Techno and industrial (NIN, mInistry, MSTRKRFT), then metal and hard rock (RATM, Niravana) and now I'm really into prog and metal. (Mastodon, Tool, Messhugah). But even now, DFA '79 still kicks ass.

Member Q-Tron of the EHX Users Guild
I'm rebounding from an outlaw country phase of listening to nothing but Merle Haggard, David Allan Coe, Hank Williams Jr, Waylong Jennings and Willie Nelson

But currently I'm on a Beastie Boys, Rage Against The Machine and Red Hot Chili Peppers kick.
When they kick at your front door
how are you gonna come
with your hands on your head
or on the trigger of your gun
Blue oyster cullt
"Guitarmen, wake up and pluck wire for sound, let 'em hear you play"
-Charlie Christian
"You have to give people something to dream on"
-Jimi Hendrix
"I try to make any guitar do what I want it to do"
-Slash
Quote by dougiecrystals

Dude, I'm going through an effing Ben Gibbard phase.
Anything and everything Ben Gibbard.
He's just...soooo good.

havent seen you in a while.

anyway, ive been listening to Damian Marley a lot the past few days.
Lately it's been Daylight Dies, X Clan, and Public Enemy.

Melodeath/doom and hip hop. Weird.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Right now, I can't stop listening to Radiohead, From Zero, Infected Mushroom, and Bassnectar.
How can we separate fact from fiction in a world where we are desensitized by our own minds?
A couple of weeks ago was in an Iron Maiden phase, but recently have been into My Chemical Romance and Greenday! (2 bands who i would normally turn my nose up at!!)
"Bang your head against the stage,
Like you never did before.
Make it ring, make it bleed,
Make it really sore.
In a frenzied madness,
with you leathers and your spikes.
Heads are bobbing all around,
It's hot as hell tonight!"
I am, as usual, going through every possible phase at the same time. Yesterday I listened to Miles Davis, Smashing Pumpkins, Jimi Hendrix, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Sly & the Family Stone, Funkadelic, and Run-DMC.

Oh yeah, eclectic as f*ck...
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
at the drive in and elliott smith...serious changes of pace right there.
"I see my light come shining from the west down to the east
Any day now, any day now I shall be released"

Know any good teachers in NY, especially skilled in teaching ear training? Tell me
Right now, lots of rap, goregrind and thrash. I also kinda feel a bit of a ska/reggae thing coming on
I can't stop listening to Rage Against The Machine, Linkin Park, Saliva and a bit of Mindless Self Indulgence, so a bit of a mix.
We ain't pushing the boundaries, we're blowing them up.
We ain't trying to expand the scene, we want the scene to erupt.

Hinder has been in my ears a lot recently...Army of Freshman too...been getting into Papa Roach a lot too...
Quote by bjoern_swe
my mom found me sitting in the kitchen, eating Corn Flakes from the floor. when she asked me what I was doing, I just roared at her and ran up to my room.

George Foreman Grill Appreciation Society
Every few weeks i go through a grunge phase, then a metal phase and then a blues phase then it strarts all over again. but the bands i listen to within thos genres vary depending on what i feel like except grunge, the bands vary alrite but i ALWAYS listen to nirvana.

Edit: I forgot to say, I am currently going through a Blues Phase. And also that my parents and in fact whole family thhink its weird that i have these random phases and that one day i can be listening to Nirvana and the next SRV or w/e.
Last edited by darthbuttchin at Feb 16, 2007,
Quote by Funky M0nk
Prog Rock

Same, mostly Tool. And if their next album is like 10,000 Days, it won't be just a phase.
I've been in a metal/thrash phase for a fair few weeks now, MOP is just too good. But I always listen to different stuff. Like right now I'm listening to Revolution by the Beatles. Different.
Chief arsonist of the Australia FTW! Club, PM the_random_hero or Alter-Bridge to join
I've been going through a jazz fusion / regular ole jazz stage for a few years now
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
deathstars, skindred, kanye west and the black eyed peas
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
I've been listening to Charles Mingus, Estradasphere and Rachmaninoff every day the past two or three weeks.
Page 1 of 2