So, I'm thinking about getting a set of Ferraglide saddles for my Strat. If you don't know what they are, check them out here

Has anyone here ever used them or had any experience with them? I don't have a problem with breaking strings, just tuning instability. Every time I use the tremolo the strings go out of tune. Just stretching the strings with my fingers will put them back in tune, so I know they're getting caught on the bridge saddles. I've tried putting a little bit of oil on the saddles, even a little bit of graphite dust (not at the same time). That helped a little bit, but still was not keeping the strings in tune.

Again, I'm just looking for something that will help keep my guitar in tune without having to go out and buy a locking bridge for my Strat.

So are these a good investment or not?
My Gear:
American Deluxe HSS Strat
Crate GT212
Vintage '66 Fender Champ Amp
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Jekyll & Hyde Ultimate Overdrive
Vintage '74 MXR Script Phase 90
Vintage '77 MXR Flanger
Orange Squeezer (clone)
Most people use GraphTech. However, they won't make your tremolo more stable, really.

You could:
-add an extra spring in the trem cavity
-lubricate your nut (no perverted thoughts, please) with "Big Bends Nut Sauce".

EDIT: GraphTech say their saddles are 5 times more slippery than a graphite lubricant, plus they improve sustain and add warmth. And since all the pro's use them, I'd go for it. I've never heard of Ferraglide before.

EDIT2: HOLY SHIT! IT'S THE SAME COMPANY! Excuse my ignorance (goes to cry alone in the dark )
Last edited by sashki at Feb 3, 2007,
lol, no need to go all emo over one little mistake.

I'll try that "Big Bends Nut Sauce" first. I've already got 4 springs in my trem, and its set for dive only now.

So does anyone else know anything about these Ferraglide saddles?
My Gear:
Crate GT212
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Vintage '77 MXR Flanger
Orange Squeezer (clone)
Graphtech is awesome. I have a Graphtech nut on my strat, and I bought a TUSQ nut for my tele. Both clearly improved tone, and the strat stays in tune just a little bit better.
Alright. I'm always a sucker for better tone. Thanks for your input guys.
Keep it coming if you have any other things to say about these Ferraglide saddles. I'm tempted to order a set in the next week.
My Gear:
Crate GT212
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Vintage '77 MXR Flanger
Orange Squeezer (clone)