I recently joined facebook and when i was adding friends, i saw the option "poke so and so" . wtf is the poke? is it flirt? tease?
I've been using it for a few months now and I still have no idea what it is. A reminder or something?

But anyways, it rules. I can now say, without lying, that I poked that hot chick.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Is it just a poor man's 'nudge' off MSN or something?

Not that I ever use the nudge thing...
It's E-Poking. Pretending to poke someone. I think
Man, you and Electronicise (wow, new word) anything...
E-Wank, E-Flip the E-Bird and E-Moony....so and so on....
lol. i thought it was like flirtin or somethin so when my guy friend poked me. i was confused.
next time they log on to face book the computer reaches out and gives em a good smack in the face
Quote by raise_the_dead
I've been using it for a few months now and I still have no idea what it is. A reminder or something?

But anyways, it rules. I can now say, without lying, that I poked that hot chick.

Are you implying you never poked a hot chick?
You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to, so when they turn their back on you, you get a chance to put the knife in.
You shouldn't play around with that, I heard one guy lost an eye
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
it's not just a poke, it's a way of life.

*me pokes threadstarter with a gigantic fucking great stick*

:stickpoke
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Quote by Pink_Floyd89
Are you implying you never poked a hot chick?

You don't get it, do ya?
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Quote by raise_the_dead
You don't get it, do ya?

I do, and that's the sad part. poor fella never boned a girl before...
You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to, so when they turn their back on you, you get a chance to put the knife in.
Quote by raise_the_dead
You don't get it, do ya?

No, I don't think he does

Or maybe he does and we don't get him.

Anyways, is poking not what all the hip scene kids now do? They do in my area anyway, it's like 'poke' and they poke you, I'm like 'Yeah, whatever' but then everyone else is all 'Yay! Lets all be spastics and poke each other cause it's so random and therefore funny, even though everybody does it at the most predictable time!'

It annoys me.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by Pink_Floyd89
I do, and that's the sad part. poor fella never boned a girl before...

The thing is, you can make jokes about poking people without actually having poked them?

Foo.

I've only poked like 2 people on Facebook.
This one girl poked me on facebook, and I poked her back, and then she poked me, so I poked her, and then she poked me, so I poked her, and then she poked me, so I poked her, and then she poked me, so I poked her, and then she poked me, so I poked her, and then she poked me, so I poked her, and then she poked me, so I poked her, and then she poked me, so I poked her, and then she told me to stop poking her.

It's actually true. It went on for ages.
Quote by Necrophagist777

I agree, i always help people up. At the last show we all protected this little kid who was tying his shoe in the middle of the pit.

http://www.mylot.com/?ref=Phase3