Page 1 of 11
Ok, one day I got curious (and I wanted a good laugh), and I searched around for some of the conspiracy theories of 9/11. To be honest, all but one of them were completely rediculous. The one I did find interesting was the "Controlled Demolition" thoery. Before I even start to argue my point, I'm going to say one thing. I AM, IN NO WAY, SAYING THAT THIS IS A GOVERNMENT PLOT. I AM SAYING THAT ALL THE EVIDENCE POINTS TO A CONTROLLED DEMOLITION, SET OFF BY SOME OUTSIDE SOURCE. NO BLAME IS BEING PUT ON ANYONE IN PARTICULAR.

Ok, now thats out of the way, I will start my case.

After watching lots of video, and listening to expert analysis (I will give all the links at the end of this), I've come to believe that the planes themselves, did NOT cause the collapse of the Twin Towers. My reasonings

1) The Structural Integrity of the towers themselves
2) Eye witness accounts from inside the building and outside the buildings
3) The convinience of the size of the rubble and the concrete "snow"
4) The De-bunked "Pancake" Theory of the Collapse

#1: Structural Integrity of the Towers

In the building of the Twin Towers, 47 steel supports were built down the middle of both towers (94 in total). These supports were kept mostly separate from the actual office space and floors themselves. What was built inside of them were elevator shafts, emergency staircases and utility elevators. These steel supports were made to withstand 2000 degrees Farenhiet for up to 6 hours. Now, the hottest temperature that jet fuel can burn at is appox. 1700 degree Farenheit (Jet fuel being the only substance in or around the towers that can burn at such high temperatures). Now the hottest temperature any fire burned (for an extended period of time) was measured at around 600-800 degrees farenheit, which is far too low for any structural damage to happen to the steel support beams. As well, assuming that the jet fuel was not burned up completely in the first 10 seconds or less from impact, and burned at the maximum tempurature untill the towers collapsed, the steel supports would have only been subjected to 1 hour and 15 minutes tops of 1700 degrees farenheit, no where close to the 6 hours needed and too far away from 2000 degrees to be a rough approximation. If the towers were to have collapsed in the way that the "Pancake theory" said, the steel supports should have still been standing.

#2 Eye witness accounts from the inside and outside of the buildings

About 1 minute before the collapse of the towers, people reported hearing loud bangs or explosions from inside the buildings. Firefighters inside the building confirmed these comments and some were even blown off their feet from the intensity of the explosions. Now, these explosions may have been caused by some machines or pipe lines exploding due to the fires, so they cannot be taken into serious account for evidence of bombs or other explosives.

#3 The Convenient size of the steel rubble and the concrete "snow"

When cleanup crews arrived at the scene, they discovered that much of the steel were in appox. 30 foot lengths (appox height of a single floor) that could be easily loaded into trucks. This would give some supporting evidence of well placed explosives being planted on each floor, blowing away the steel supports, explaining how the steel supports fell. As well, the huge clouds of dust that covered the city, was comprised mostly of concrete. At ground zero, almost all of the concrete found was in sizes no larger than a phone book. Given the distance the concrete fell, it would never have been reduced to powder when it hit the ground, let alone half way through the fall. The only plausable way that some much concrete could have been reduced to so much dust, would be an explosion.

#4 The De-bunked pancake theory

This is the big one. The accepted theory circling right now is the pancake theory. The idea behind it, is that the top floor collapsed down, falling on top of the next floor, knocking that one out, and continuing this pattern until it hit the ground. Sound plausable enough, if it wasn’t for the time it took for the towers to fall. The towers both took about 8-10 seconds to collapse. For the sake of argument, we’ll say the collapse started at the 90th floor (in reality it was the 96th) and that it took 9 seconds to fall, giving each floor 1/10 of a second to collapse. If the pancake theory is correct, that means that the starting floor had to fall 30 feet (appox), cause enough damage for the following floor to give away, and start falling again, in about 1/10 of a second. Now you may be thinking that isn’t such a crazy thing, but under the perfect situation (No resistance in any way, so technically in a vacuum), a billiard ball will fall 45 story’s (One half of our hypothetical tower’s height) in 4.5 seconds, therefore falling 90 stories, in 9 seconds. Remember though, this is encountering NO RESISTANCE. No air resistance, no wind resistance, no concrete barriers getting in its way. In a real situation where the pancake theory may happen, it is estimated that each floor would take appox a half of a second. If this were the case with the twin towers, it would have taken 45 seconds to fall. In the video of the collapse, you think you would see a slight stoppage or resistance as each floor collapsed on itself, but the towers fall perfectly, just as in a controlled demolition they do on old abandoned buildings.

On a side note, The Twin towers are THE FIRST SKYSCRAPERS EVER TO COLLAPSE WITHOUT A CONTROLLED DEMOLITION (Possibly).

VIDEO EVIDENCE.
I will let the documentaries and such do the talking. I will only ask for you to watch closely at all the footage of the building’s collapse. Just underneath where the current floor is collapsing, the floor beneath it seems to let out a ring of smoke, as if an explosion is being set off. Now, here are some videos of where I got most of my information. IF you want to find out the stats and such, I used UG’s most beloved advice, USE THE SEARCH BUTTON, but only on google instead.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=A5kF9ldtgrc

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FujppU50EpA

http://youtube.com/watch?v=weqBynRZGG8&mode=related&search=

http://youtube.com/watch?v=La0LOG2NBM4
The final clip of this video ^ is kinda bullshit, i want to focus on the "pre explosions"

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wxM2DHX_zsk
This one basically supports everything I've said

Now, if any of you have anything to prove me wrong THAT ISNT "YOUR RETARDED, THE PLANE BROUGHT IT DOWN", please feel free to share it. I'm very interested in all the happenings of this day, and i want to educate myself on it as much as possible.
Already read it all. And I believe it. Did you know that Iraqi oil production dramatically decreased around the same time our oil prices increased, which is just around the same time we invaded the Middle East?
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
It's bullshit. It's not a consparicy. Shut the hell up.
Quote by Qazxs
I got kicked out of a Mac store when me and my friends simultaneously put on meatspin on all of the computers in the store. Some eleven or twelve year old looking girls there freaked out.
Quote by guitar_freak333

These are the people who need to read more than the news and have an open mind and read the whole ****ing thread... <sigh>
Quote by guitar_freak333

Please, please don't act like an ass. Have you even read the post and watched the videos?
If you look really closely at alot of the footage you can see two men on top of the towers spreading their arms wide as if embracing death. Oddly enough, they're standing there even before the planes hit the towers.

O_O
Quote by cubedeathk

No my friends Dinosaurs walked this earth with Man.

The American government is smart enough to pull off the biggest "trick" of all-time .... but they're not smart enough to take out the internet kiddies propagating these theories? Hmmm ...

As far as the pancake theory ... didn't the planes hit at the 40-something-floor? Wouldn't this mean it only has to collapse the bottom 40 instead of 96? Also you have the weight of the top 40-something floors crashing down.
Praise be unto You,
Flying Spaghetti Monster
Creator of all

Stripper factories
And beer volcanoes await
In the afterlife
RAmen
Quote by MarkPlaysStuff
The American government is smart enough to pull off the biggest "trick" of all-time .... but they're not smart enough to take out the internet kiddies propagating these theories? Hmmm ...

if you were to read the thread, i said im not saying its the government, im saying it sure as hell looks like a controlled demolition. Coulda been the terrorists working from the inside, hell it coulda been the teletubbies. Im not pretending like i know who it is, i just thought this makes a tonne of sence.
There is no conspiracy, everything is a lie, for we are in the matrix...*runs as the Agents kick down his door*
Quote by Devon_555
These are the people who need to read more than the news and have an open mind and read the whole ****ing thread... <sigh>

I read your thread and have seen countless movies that say it was a conspiracy and I still say it's bullshit, it's annoying. go away.
Doesn't steel lose half it's strength at like 648 ° C?
Member of The Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
Co-Founding member of the Save the Funk club. PM jimmypage27 or me to join.
Founding Member of "Using gay as an insult proclaims your idiocy" club.
Member #11 of the UG RIP Cliff Burton Club
Quote by FightingIrish57
I read your thread and have seen countless movies that say it was a conspiracy and I still say it's bullshit, it's annoying. go away.

Wanna put some reasoning behind why its bullshit? Im doing this so i can hear some other ideas behind what happened, and i gave you my idea.
Quote by MarkPlaysStuff
The American government is smart enough to pull off the biggest "trick" of all-time .... but they're not smart enough to take out the internet kiddies propagating these theories? Hmmm ....

Someone's been reading Maddox.
Did you take into account the temperature at which steel loses 50% of it's strength?
Proud Owner of a Fender Jazz 24 V

Private Simmons of the Red vs. Blue club. PM Fret13 to join.

Things to come:
Carvin or Trace-elliot rig
EBS Valvedrive (Newest edition )
i believe the government needed to test a bomb and put it inside the two towers
Quote by DieGarbageMan
i can become erect whilst displeasing women

What a talented person.
TO those who are talking about the steel losing its strength and all, the beams were made to take 6 hours at 2000 farenhiet, so that take account to all the heat factors.
Quote by _Mayday_

Someone's been reading Maddox.

This doesn't change the fact that Maddox is probably right.

Excuse the double post.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
Quote by The Casualty
If I see another conspiracy theory thread, I'm gonna bust a cap in a nigga.

What do they have to do with conspiracy threads?
Quote by Dirtydeeds468

Excuse the double post.

but as the threadstarter said, he's not supporting the idea that the government was involved with 9/11, but rather that the planes were not the deciding factor that made the towers fall.
YAY

My turn to wax on

Bush couldn't of mastermined the fall of the towers, like many people seem to suggest. He isn't smart enough. IMO, a high powered group did it. A group with connections to bush. A Saudi Arabian living in a cave with no electricity is not a good scapegoat. The USA needed a reason to invade Asia for oil, and they got it.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
'If you fall out of that tree and break your legs, don't come running to me!'
Quote by ToffeeandApples
YAY

My turn to wax on

Bush couldn't of mastermined the fall of the towers, like many people seem to suggest. He isn't smart enough. IMO, a high powered group did it. A group with connections to bush. A Saudi Arabian living in a cave with no electricity is not a good scapegoat. The USA needed a reason to invade Asia for oil, and they got it.

lawl asia. we had to get the oil before syria and iran did. it was either us or them, and we got there quicker.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468

Excuse the double post.

It's a terrible, terrible argument. If the Govt. did orchestrate 9/11, wouldn't it be a little suspicious to kill off the creator of the first widely known conspiracy?
FOR THE GODDAMN REST OF YOU WHO ARENT GOING TO READ THE THREAD BUT JUST ASSUME I AM BLAMING THE GOVERNMENT!!!!!!!

This, is not a thread that is pointing the finger at anyone. AS I HAVE SAID SEVERAL TIMES BEFORE I believe that the towers were brought down with more than just the planes. It could be the terrorists working on the inside, it could not even be the terrorists we think, but some covert mercinary group. I am only saying THE TOWERS DID NOT FALL BECAUSE OF THE PLANES. Hell, the government could be in the dark just as much as we are, and they put out the pancake theory because it let them sleep at night, trying not to think it was bigger than it really was.
Quote by Devon_555
FOR THE GODDAMN REST OF YOU WHO ARENT GOING TO READ THE THREAD BUT JUST ASSUME I AM BLAMING THE GOVERNMENT!!!!!!!

This, is not a thread that is pointing the finger at anyone. AS I HAVE SAID SEVERAL TIMES BEFORE I believe that the towers were brought down with more than just the planes. It could be the terrorists working on the inside, it could not even be the terrorists we think, but some covert mercinary group. I am only saying THE TOWERS DID NOT FALL BECAUSE OF THE PLANES. Hell, the government could be in the dark just as much as we are, and they put out the pancake theory because it let them sleep at night, trying not to think it was bigger than it really was.

I read the entire thing. It WAS a terrorist attack regardless of your alleged "proof."
LOL
Quote by DownInAHole.
I read the entire thing. It WAS a terrorist attack regardless of your alleged "proof."

The only ****ing proof i have in there is that it was brought down with more than planes. Are you that retarded to realise that? And im also saying that i dont know who did it because the tower fell w/ more than the planes. Like i said, im open to all ideas, i want other peoples educated theories, but all im getting is people to ****ing lazy to read up on something and just go w/ what the news is saying.
I just LOVE this threads....
Quote by TooLateForRoses
"My anus is bleeding uncontrollably, what should I do?

Quote by GuitarNinja12
I have a Fender DVD and theres a tour of the Factory in California that makes American Strats. All of the employees were mexican. So American Strats are also Mexican Strats.
Quote by Devon_555
The only ****ing proof i have in there is that it was brought down with more than planes. Are you that retarded to realise that? And im also saying that i dont know who did it because the tower fell w/ more than the planes. Like i said, im open to all ideas, i want other peoples educated theories, but all im getting is people to ****ing lazy to read up on something and just go w/ what the news is saying.

So.....I'm retarded, lazy, and close-minded just because I listen to the news? They are called the news because they give you facts that support everything that's going on. All you're saying is that part of the explosion happened inside, which doesn't make it a conspiracy or anything like that. I highly doubt that the US gov't planted bombs and highjacked planes to kill thousands of our citizens make, make us lose millions of dollars, and then propel us into war. You, my friend have too much time on your hands. Accept this since it happened almost 6 years ago, and move on.
LOL
Quote by DownInAHole.
So.....I'm retarded, lazy, and close-minded just because I listen to the news? They are called the news because they give you facts that support everything that's going on. All you're saying is that part of the explosion happened inside, which doesn't make it a conspiracy or anything like that. I highly doubt that the US gov't planted bombs and highjacked planes to kill thousands of our citizens make, make us lose millions of dollars, and then propel us into war. You, my friend have too much time on your hands. Accept this since it happened almost 6 years ago, and move on.

How many ****ing times have i said that I DONT BLAME THIS ON THE GOVERNMENT??? So right now, yes, you are retarded, lazy? guess i cant prove that, and closed minded? yeah, you saying "happened six years ago. get over it" proves it. Lets see what would happen if your parents were killed in this incident and all you got was "The planes brought the building down w/ the pancake theory, harharhar". I personally want to know what happened, i cant see why you cant you cant see that.
Quote by Devon_555
How many ****ing times have i said that I DONT BLAME THIS ON THE GOVERNMENT??? So right now, yes, you are retarded, lazy? guess i cant prove that, and closed minded? yeah, you saying "happened six years ago. get over it" proves it. Lets see what would happen if your parents were killed in this incident and all you got was "The planes brought the building down w/ the pancake theory, harharhar". I personally want to know what happened, i cant see why you cant you cant see that.

I'm retarded? You're the one who can't type for shit.
LOL
Quote by DownInAHole.
I'm retarded? You're the one who can't type for shit.

wow, your a hero. Go onto a guitar forum and flame people for using incorrect grammer.
Quote by DownInAHole.
So.....I'm retarded, lazy, and close-minded just because I listen to the news? They are called the news because they give you facts that support everything that's going on.

there's a fine line between facts and truths and propaganda and bias, the latter being what media outlets provide.

All you're saying is that part of the explosion happened inside, which doesn't make it a conspiracy or anything like that. I highly doubt that the US gov't planted bombs and highjacked planes to kill thousands of our citizens make, make us lose millions of dollars, and then propel us into war. You, my friend have too much time on your hands. Accept this since it happened almost 6 years ago, and move on.

ah yes, you seem to have the idea that ignorance is better than fact. just because something happened six years ago doesn't make it irrelavant. i don't believe the threadstarter has 'too much time on his hands,' but rather favors the big picture and wants to educate himself rather than maintain a constant level of ignorance.

it's never wasted time if it's spent researching in an attempt to educate oneself.