i was looking at getting a jcm 800 2205 head, and i was a little scared that at 50w through a 412 that it would be a little too loud to crank unless gigging. Generally, how loud to you have to turn it to get the natural od? like what position on the channel volume and the master?
it's gonna be loud.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
jcm 800's are amazing amps, i love them, lol there simply the best
i dont know how to answer your question, id say buy one, im getting one very soon hopefully

-axe
Endorsed by Framus Amps

Quote by primusfan
you shoulda lynched that nigger.

*spits in spittoon and feels up his cousin*
the dual channels 800's will distort sooner than the single channels, and the 50w will distort quicker than the 100w amps. So a 50w 2205 will be good. Don't worry about be "too loud". They will sound great at any gig volume you want. If you ever try one out you'll see what I mean. The dual channel 800's sold better/more than the single channel 800's back in the 80's but the single channels are generally more sought after. I think you'll be happy with a 2205
thanks guys most of the bands i listen to use the dual channel jcms and their tone is great
Quote by davedoom
anything above 5 starts pants wetting

For me it's everything about 3.

I'm such a wuss.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by Gutch220
the dual channels 800's will distort sooner than the single channels, and the 50w will distort quicker than the 100w amps. So a 50w 2205 will be good. Don't worry about be "too loud". They will sound great at any gig volume you want. If you ever try one out you'll see what I mean. The dual channel 800's sold better/more than the single channel 800's back in the 80's but the single channels are generally more sought after. I think you'll be happy with a 2205

ah, ok cool. I just answered his black and white question with a black and white answer, lol.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
They're going to be louder than Dobzilla's mom on Saturday nights.

... True story.
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by davedoom
^it owns YOU, not the other way round

In Czech Republic, amp owns you!
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by Dobzilla
^ Soundproofing after that was not cheap after that incident.

There's always duck tape ...

EDIT: 2000th post
Sent from my iPad.
Last edited by paintITblack39 at Feb 3, 2007,
Quote by Jinskee

In Czech Republic, amp owns you!

i like you, you funnnnnnnnny
It's loud, but really not THAT loud. After about 10 oclock the actual volume doesn't change too much anyways.