Why do people associate love with the heart? Everyone knows the heart pumps blood around the body, what has that got to do with love.
If you think about it, it's really odd. Search heart on google, and there's a pig heart at the top right. It's kinda nasty, so why would you want to associate something that looks like that!?

And also why is the shape of a love heart the way it is, when a real heart is nothing like that?
... It's Greek, why don't you use Google properly? Or Wikipedia?

This thread blows.
I guess it's because of how when your emotions change, you feel it in your heart. This was held for eons as the fact that the heart is related to love directly. It seems that emotional changes, while primarily the brain's job/fault, changes blood flow, and voila - you feel it in your heart.

I may have made all that up though, I've never truly researched it. But it sounds entertaining none the less.
Life is underrated.

Quote by Mad Marius
That's like saying you got cancer that comes with AIDS.
Because it would be funny to associate love with your rectum.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
A thread about love in the pit? Kind of makes me want to wank.
Is it a bad thing if one of your testicles is larger then the other two?
I've never really thought about it, but the Ancient Egyptians believed the heart dealt with emotions, due to it beating faster when excited or scared, etc. The heart was also what was tested to see if you had lead a pure enough life to get into heaven, as it were. So I'd imagine it stemmed from somethign similar to that belief. But don't hold me to it, only a theory of something I know nothing about.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
I'm pretty sure that the Ancient Egyptians thought the heart was the center of all thought and emotion. They didn't know what the brain did.
In the Tora it is said that the feelings come from the heart and the thought from stomach, so I guess it may have came from there. The Tora probably stole the consept from some other people, as it did to many other ideas.
<Omri> I love trannys too..
Quote by Quintessence153
I'm pretty sure that the Ancient Egyptians thought the heart was the center of all thought and emotion. They didn't know what the brain did.

I think they thought the brain dealt with the blood and everything. I haven't done the Egyptians for ages, so I could be wrong, but they understood about the blood system (in its very basic form) and thought it was the brain for blood, heart for emotions. I think.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
It's just an old saying, don't excite yourself kid.
You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to, so when they turn their back on you, you get a chance to put the knife in.
If your heart stopped pumping blood, you couldn't feel love?
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
because the ancient Egyptions believed that was the part of the body that controlled all emotions, and they use to draw it as a hence where that came from.

so there you go. you have been educated.
Quote by Samnung
im gunna rape u

Quote by GuitarManiac09
Stay away you freak....I dont want you spreading your hideous crab population..

METALLICA AT WEMBLEY 08/07/07
Quote by Zuka
... It's Greek, why don't you use Google properly? Or Wikipedia?

This thread blows.

Would you please just shut the fuck up? You are possibly the most annoying person I've ever seen in my life and I've never even seen you.
zuka, just chill out, grab a tampon or something.

in my opinion, i think the brain should be associated with love because it is the source of our emotions.
the reason like everyone else said is Egyptians for why we associate it
the shape is b/c St. Valentine (the ones whos got the holiday coming up lol) wrote letters to his gf and used the Heart which when flipped upsidown and changed a little is actually supposed to be a butt...
GEAR:
Epi Goth Explorer with EMG 81/85s
Yamaha EG112
Rp200A
Line 6 Spider 3 75
Quote by the_experience
Would you please just shut the fuck up? You are possibly the most annoying person I've ever seen in my life and I've never even seen you.

Yeah, Gaz, it'll be a pretty dated creation. Check wiki.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by chocolatguitar

in my opinion, i think the brain should be associated with love because it is the source of our emotions.

yeah...but I think the ancient Romans believed that the heart was the centre of your thinking as well....basically they thought the heart was your brain. What the brain was then I have no clue...
Quote by the_experience
yeah...but I think the ancient Romans believed that the heart was the centre of your thinking as well....basically they thought the heart was your brain. What the brain was then I have no clue...

Storage.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by chocolatguitar

But it just wouldn't sound right saying..."This is from the bottom of my brain...." Or "I love you with all of my brain"

I think I'd get slapped if I said that to a chick...
Quote by BearWithAGun
I've only known one man to use such a gun, and I believe I've killed him two times
Its coz in ancient greece the ass was associated with love. And the heart shape <3 comes from the way the nude ass looks like. So if the ass represented love, mustn't that mean that the heart would look like that? Something like that...
Q about tube amps:
Quote by steven seagull
Can I save money by using lightbulbs instead of tubes - will energy saving lightulbs last even longer?

Quote by †øXÍÇ͆¥
I'm not trying to look open minded, in fact I try not to be open minded.
I hate people who are overly open minded.