I recently went to my local music store to try out my landmine on a couple of tube amps for some reason it sounded like shit. It sounded like a fuzz pedal. Even the guy at the store that was helping me asked, "This is a Fuzz-Pedal right?" and I said No its SUPPOSED to sound like a heavy-ass distortion pedal.

I dont see the problem. It makes my Line 6 soudn INCREDIBLE but for some reason on tube amps it sounds like a damn fuzz-pedal I just cant a great lead sound out of it.

So does anyone have any suggestions about why this is happening because I love my Landmine and I really dont want to get a new pedal.
My Gear:
Ibanez RG 370DX
Ibanez TS9Dx
Marshall Dsl 401

Quote by Draind
i've had my eye on the mesa boogie line, my price range is under $600.

Quote by batman123
maybe you could buy a picture of one for 600, and just pretend for awhile...

It's a distortion pedal on a tube amp. That's why. Shouldn't have spent too much money on a distortion pedal if you ever thought you'd be upgrading to a tube amp. Probably should sell that, and get a TS-9 or something for a tube amp.

Before I get completely flamed... which happens time to time... I realize some distortion pedals work better than others on tube amps and such. I'm just stating the general UG stereotype. Ugh.
My Gear:
-Schecter C-1 Plus (Vintage Sunburst)
-B-52 AT-212 Tube Combo
-ZW-44 Zakk Wylde Overdrive
-Digitech RP350 Multi-Effects Pedal
-Hamer Slammer Strat Copy
Ye there you go. In those youtube videos Paul from Guitar world is using a tube amp with a Landmine and it sounds killer. So why didnt it sound liek that with the tube amps I tryed.
My Gear:
Ibanez RG 370DX
Ibanez TS9Dx
Marshall Dsl 401

Quote by Draind

Quote by batman123

Well, from what I know, there's really no use to have a distortion pedal on a tube amp...thus, if you did, there's really no reason to own a tube amp in the first place.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
why is there no reason too? The landmine gives you killer tones. and what if you cant get the tone you want out of your amp? Thats why you have a distortion pedal
My Gear:
Ibanez RG 370DX
Ibanez TS9Dx
Marshall Dsl 401

Quote by Draind

Quote by batman123

Quote by ibanlezbians
why is there no reason too? The landmine gives you killer tones. and what if you cant get the tone you want out of your amp? Thats why you have a distortion pedal

Well...isn't that the reason why there's an OD pedal?

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Still noones answered my question. If everyone says that the Landmine doesnt sound good on a tube amp how does Paul from guitar world play with a tube amp and it sounds amazing.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kQbNhFoUbeE
My Gear:
Ibanez RG 370DX
Ibanez TS9Dx
Marshall Dsl 401

Quote by Draind

Quote by batman123

Maybe you EQ'd it incorrectly.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
you can use dist on a tube amp and get killer sounds.

im shocked that this happened with every tube amp uve tried. maybe the battery was low.
maybe the cable they gave u to use sucked.

it should sound different with every amp.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by ibanlezbians

If distortion pedals are THAT good, nobody would waste their time buying Mesas, Soldanos, VHTs and Peaveys.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Two comments you might not like:

Gotta turn the knobs until it sounds good. If you're getting a lot of drive off the pedal then you need less gain on the amp.

Next - "metal" distortion pedals almost all sound like unwiped ass. Nobody but bedroom wanks playing bedroom wank gear need as much gain as you get from your typical "metal pedal." Real players with real gear don't need the sort of gain that most "metal pedals" provide.

Try setting up either a clean amp with that pedal or figure out how to adjust it for less gain.

Ron
its not the gain thats the problem and ye maybe i did EQ it incorrectly and also I wasnt using effects so maybe it would sound a lot better with a delay pedal or something like that because when I was playing, sweeps and things of that sort sounded like total crap.

AND ALSO im not one of those Metal wanks (no offence) that constantly want heavier and heavier distortion. I actually prefer a rather warmer distortion like a Joe Satriani type of distortion (his tone is amazing) I am just trying to use the Landmine to give me a nice Lead tone im not really looking for THAT much more distortion.
My Gear:
Ibanez RG 370DX
Ibanez TS9Dx
Marshall Dsl 401

Quote by Draind

Quote by batman123

Last edited by ibanlezbians at Feb 3, 2007,