Page 1 of 2
what r ur best haggling tips for buying stuff at guitar center? don't be shy.
Gun
We spent a lifetime on the
Beaches of Normandy in vain

Quote by poopsmith666
oooh look at me, i'm clincher, internet tough guy

Quote by theBaartMan
When Nostradamus predicted badassery, he spoke of clincher09.

<//////> ~

UG's NIN fan club
oh dear, we've gone into racial discrimination mode again.

and incidentally, i'm pretty sure its sikhs that wear turbans, not muslims
FOR SALE:

Wilkinson EZ lok Tuners - £15
Dunlop 535q Multiwah - £80

Offers/Trades anyone?
Quote by xX_JIMI_Xx
+ bomb-belt.

+ guy with video camera
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Good thread.
The more you lick them
The more you like them

Not for the first time in my life, I curse my bad luck.
Quote by xX_JIMI_Xx
+ bomb-belt.

+ backpack.
Axe FX 2
Matrix GT1000FX
Mesa 4x12
Behringer FCB1010
maybe u want to leave the place with the gear without having the police chase u to ur house
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
+ back-up batteries for bomb remote if they run out ...

+ volunteer red-cross worker to threaten to behead.
To the thread stater: It usually starts with "hmmm.....that's a bit out of my range".....and then progresses to ...."can you drop the price a little?".....

After that, if they won't, go grab a different salesman and start with....Hey I was wondering if you guys can discount (insert gear hear).

Most of the guitars have about 100 bucks of room.....worst case they'll throw in a case for free.
PRS SAS or Gibson LP Standard+
Teese WOF->Analogman Sunlion->Dr. Scientist Elements->Foxrox Aquavibe->Strymon Timeline->Eventide Space
Mesa RoadKing II and 2 Vox AC15s run in stereo
if the hostage thing doesn't work out, you can anyways say its for your little brother that has cancer.

works every time.
+ banana, tub of crisco, and some duct tape
Proud Owner of a Fender Jazz 24 V

Private Simmons of the Red vs. Blue club. PM Fret13 to join.

Things to come:
Carvin or Trace-elliot rig
EBS Valvedrive (Newest edition )
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
+ Naked pictures of xX_JIMI_Xx

SCORE !

i would never let a salesperson penetrate my anus with a banana no matter how much i could get off the guitar.

unless it was a white falcon. then he could do i till it bleeds
Quote by xX_JIMI_Xx
if the hostage thing doesn't work out, you can anyways say its for your little brother that has cancer.

works every time.

But if that doesn't work, say you also have a hot, willing sister. If the salesperson swings the other way, say your little brother is lonely.
dress up like a famous guitar legend dude that's still alive and kind of looks like you. Go up to the guitar you like and say to yourself, "This is awesome, but i could never afford it..." just loud enough for the nearest sales rep to hear you.
Quote by halfback_712
dress up like a famous guitar legend dude that's still alive and kind of looks like you. Go up to the guitar you like and say to yourself, "This is awesome, but i could never afford it..." just loud enough for the nearest sales rep to hear you.

would herman li work? i can't think of too many asian guitar legends
Quote by ihaveatail

Jimmy Page looks pretty asian. He isn't, I know, its just his face is messed up.
just say, I can get it off of Musicains friend for $20, can you price match? (store guy) "errrr, yeah whatever dude!" (dosent EVEN think about actually checking. trust me, its worked with me alot lol)
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
3 choices

1. Buttsecks.
2. Tell him if he doesn't reduce the price you'll let xX_JIMI_Xx live.
3. Offer him some poisonous gum, then when he chews, make him spit it out, tell him you saved his life then.........

BOOM! Headshot
Quote by Sonicxlover
Obviously we should play the UG theme.

ULTIMATE GUITAR! YOO GEE!?
Quote by anarchy_skater

2. Tell him if he doesn't reduce the price you'll let xX_JIMI_Xx live.

he better not reduce that damn price!
The lowest they can go is like ten percent off the item.

you wont' get anythign cheap there. Haggling is a waste of time at gc really.
dont they work on commision?
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.

Quote by gunther_sucks
Hey you look kind of like me.

Except for the sexy man goatee, and kickass shades. And sweet guitar.

I'm jealous.
Ask them if they're having any sales on the certain item. I bought a new bass today and got $40 off and a 2 year warranty. It wasn't listed on the little tag. Just talk to them about it.
Quote by DaveMustaine08
Quote by puppetmaster917
I think white people are better than black people.
While this statement is kinda racist and straightforward, it does have many FACTS to back it up lolz.

Well I bought a case that was $100 for $80. When they ask for the money, just be like "oh shit, what happened to my other $20! Sorry, I guess I can't get it today." Then they will just tell u it's fine and you will be on our way.
Voodoo Fest 2008 <3

Quote by DieGarbageMan
SILENCE.

SURSKIT DECIDES YOUR GENDER NOW.
the guys at my guitar center look intimidating with way too many tattoos and piercings. one step above gothic. the kind that look as if they would shoot ur ass if u try something. don' t know y they're not working at books a million.

think its ok if i try to haggle with them or would i get knifed?

EDIT: im a guy and i don't swing the other way. i don't think sexual favors is the way to go. the only chick there is real fat,*shivers at the thought of buttsecks*
Quote by ihaveatail

JerryC is an internet guitar legend...

On-Topic: My dad bought a 150$ acoustic-electric and a 100$ dollar hardshell case at guitar center for 200 bucks, for my birthday.
Green Tinted Sixties Mind
Page 1 of 2