It's lazy day for me so i figured I's lay day a few tracks I've been working; so I was jsut wondering what it is you UGers do to prepare for a vocal recording. Other then jsut practing the vocals is there anything you drink or eat. What are some of the thing you do prior to your recording?
LAISSEZ LES BON TEMPS ROULER
Avoid dairy products.
Light is faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Quote by Scott3229
if i wanted to get brain washed and then throw all my money away, id go to church

"I see, you've been blinded by what you believe" Sully Erna
^^ LOL, after a little JD, you will think you sound a lot better too.
Light is faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Quote by Scott3229
if i wanted to get brain washed and then throw all my money away, id go to church

what about HOT tea? Hot green tea??? Should the things i drink be hot? Open up the throat a little? I usually take a shot or 2 of whiskey to get the burn... I feel it helps. Not trying to get drunk... jsut seems it help...
LAISSEZ LES BON TEMPS ROULER
record something before and after the whiskey so we can hear the difference. There is no shortage of opinions here.

Quote by Scott3229

just have enough booze to calm you and loosen you up, not enough to drunken you. Green tea is very good as well as a lil screaming prior singing I think will help as well (but not till your throat hurts)
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
just stick something in the hole and wiggle it around until you feel something poking out then push it hard.

Quote by gallagher2006
I seriously cant begin to tell you how refreshing it is to get some briliiant help from this site for once!

Thats about me
^^ I'll have to try that...

I've always heard to stay away from milk...dairy...

I also found a website for some crazy ass singing school - very uptight. They mentioned how you shouldn't even "talk" - nothing - on the same day you have a singing part.

Somehow I just don't see Chris Cornell having to remain silent all day in order to hit those screams so well...
There are a million damn myths for this.

Most them don't account for reality. Some of them are for Celine Dion and people more on that side of the fence.

Brandon
honey lemon tea (preferably warm) is a time-tested and proven MIRACLE. Seriously dude, you won't believe how well it works after u let a nice tall glass of that settle
Quote by RHCP94
funkdaddyfresh is a real American