what does everyone think about the dime o flame and how does it compare to a razorback as far as playablity and sound. i have played a razorback but have yet to try a dime o flame and was thinking about getting one
both have crappy dimebuckers. Not worth the money.

Sorry, but that guitar is not worth $800
Crap. The store I teach at had one in a while ago, and it stunk. Lousy sound, and neck was sticky as hell to play on.
no
the dimebag guitars pretty much suck unless you spend well over $1000. even the $1000 razorbacks have licensed floyd roses and cheap wood
Let's make money off of a dead guy! Yeah!

-Dean employee.

I'm not too fond of the Dime-o series.
I don't think they're very good, for any reason.
Main gear (For complete list, see profile):
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain-top
Basswood Telecaster, 2 single-sized HB's, both split.
Epiphone Valve Junior
B-52 AT-412 Cabinet
Oh, and I have a Squier VM Jazz Bass too.
Quote by Nick_
Also, they're fugly.

Didn't Dimebag design those, he must have been high or something...
Hmm i've noticed alot of stick too these Dimebag guitars, What are the actual classic ML's like? The ones before Dimebag came along.

Cheers.
Quote by Jaffaps2
Dean Guitars whoring Dimebag? Of course not.

Quote by sofubar
Hmm i've noticed alot of stick too these Dimebag guitars, What are the actual classic ML's like? The ones before Dimebag came along.

Cheers.

Everyone raves about the 79 series.

I have an ML79 ordered its coming in March. It is a great guitar. I would never go for the Dime signature models. Not even if i had a couple grand going spare.
I think I too will purchase an ML79 next but one with a bar on it. If it's good enough for Senor Abbott then it's good enough for me. Doubt I will be rewiring the humbuckers and shit though...and defo no Kiss logo!
i personally loved the dime-o-flame I played on

perhaps the reason for it having a sticky neck is from the players enjoying, thus spunking on the fretboard
mydadisjewish = avatar stealer
Razorback looks ten times cooler.

But. It's still over-rated as ****. I would never buy a Dime series. Or a Dean for that matter.
i played a USA razorback, out of the bag. it was held by 2 others before me MAB, and a dean market supervisor, or something like that. my point is, i was the 3rd to play it, and it was utter shit. crappy pups, neck was slow, and the V didnt make it better. the point went into my stomach, which really hurt. overall, it was a POS. i wouldnt get one.

besides, Dime didnt play Dean for the majority of his career. . .
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
Quote by tubadude
i played a USA razorback, out of the bag. it was held by 2 others before me MAB, and a dean market supervisor, or something like that. my point is, i was the 3rd to play it, and it was utter shit. crappy pups, neck was slow, and the V didnt make it better. the point went into my stomach, which really hurt. overall, it was a POS. i wouldnt get one.

besides, Dime didnt play Dean for the majority of his career. . .

The reason y dime didn't play deans was because they went out of business so he had to go somewhere else.. and said that he would go to dean any day over every company.. but hey.. if dime can play it that quick... then... i am sure u guys just suck..
Quote by DollarBag
The reason y dime didn't play deans was because they went out of business so he had to go somewhere else.. and said that he would go to dean any day over every company.. but hey.. if dime can play it that quick... then... i am sure u guys just suck..

im pretty sure dime never played a razorback. he just designed it.
My guitar has no brand and i bought it for 80 dollars but I enjoy playing it :>
extremely over-priced.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Guitarmike123
Didn't Dimebag design those, he must have been high or something...

A man named after a quantity of marijuana, being high?

Never. NEVER EVAR IN A MILLION YEARS.
Quote by Danno13
A man named after a quantity of marijuana, being high?

Never. NEVER EVAR IN A MILLION YEARS.

teehee, sigged. Nice work, dan.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by DollarBag

the only reason dime went back to dean was because dean gave him the chance to give him a signature guitar (razorback) thats the reason he went back, not because they re opened.
and besides, the washburn dimes are more accurate to what he really played. why buy something that is fake?

i got this information from a dean spokesperson.
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
Quote by xX_JIMI_Xx
im pretty sure dime never played a razorback. he just designed it.

Dime DID design the razorback-- nothing more. The ML was Dean's original. Dimebag, however, did play one of the Razorbacks, but sadly died before he could play anymore of them. I don't remember which one though, I have a mag all about Dimebag somewhere. One of the razorbacks...
dean rules. i have a 79mlf and it's better then any ibanez i have played.
if you'd believe me i'd tell you everything