With a buget of £350 pounds at the very most (preferably spend about £300) im looking to purchase a NEW bass amp.

I play Classic rock mostly such as Deep purple, Jimi Hendrix, Led zeppelin, Rush and so on, but my tone must be able to flex into a nice Punk sound as we play abit of modern punk such as anti-flag in my band, and i like to slap, and play Chilli's stuff also.

What would be my best amp for this? Any help appritiated, thanks.

Also, just incase anyone is interested im playing a Warrick Corvette Standard.

Hartke, Laney, GK and Ashdown all make good amps in that price range, play around and see what sounds right for you
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
i subjest the Fender Bassman 2X10 it fits in youre budget and has soo many fetures and has 250Watts
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E
God damn everyone
you guys get your gear so freaking cheap compared to us Australians
Quote by Drmckool
without having read this thread and just seeing the title since i've been not on the forum for a month i'm just going to say

"why can't we be friends"
Quote by Emergancy Exit
i subjest the Fender Bassman 2X10 it fits in youre budget and has soo many fetures and has 250Watts

I have that amp and I recommend it wholeheartedly.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
For the music you play, i would get something which has some form of tube emulation as you can't get a tube amp for that. The stuff you wanna play with it is heavily tubified.
Quote by andyd93
You sir, are correct.
Quote by parker_muse
For the music you play, i would get something which has some form of tube emulation as you can't get a tube amp for that. The stuff you wanna play with it is heavily tubified.

Tube emulation is a marketing scheme. Either get all tube or get a solid state.
Proud Owner of a Fender Jazz 24 V

Private Simmons of the Red vs. Blue club. PM Fret13 to join.

Things to come:
Carvin or Trace-elliot rig
EBS Valvedrive (Newest edition )
check out www.gak.co.uk, its probably one of the best sites for guitar and bass stuff in the UK. But i'd say Hartke and Laney, maybe even Warwick, as they seem good value for the price.
signature
Why do you want something new? I'd get a used Ashdown MAG for that (in fact I did). Used Ashdowns are better than new Ashdowns. Warwicks sound dull and sterile, Ampeg BAs sound muffled like there's a blanket thrown over the amp, Crate is just crap. Peavey TNT115 would be a good buy if you can find one - they're pretty versatile and sound great.
I would recommend finding a hartke, i love their amps
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!