ive been watching the song remains the same, and everytime i hear him play the bow solo it makes me want to try it. now im just wondering, has ne one tried it b4? just tell me if you tried it and its just dumb and hard to make sound good or if you think that its just a dumb idea.lol. i dont want to get picked on for it. it just sounds so...spacey i guess.
It's doable. You'll need a high, arched bridge to use the bow with. You should get an e-bow though, do some search on it.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
hey max i cant afford it i put fishing line on a board with nails on it and fishing line lol sounded like shit but wouldnt't u rather just play with a whole violin like on spinal tap cool movie btw
Quote by jmag
It's doable. You'll need a high, arched bridge to use the bow with. You should get an e-bow though, do some search on it.

ill have to check out an ebow. isnt it one of those weird pick things or something. i dont remember but have you used one? if so does it give the same or closely related sound?
Quote by 420 FREAK
hey max i cant afford it i put fishing line on a board with nails on it and fishing line lol sounded like shit but wouldnt't u rather just play with a whole violin like on spinal tap cool movie btw

lol. i think i remember you telling me about that. i love spinal tap.
just get a starter violin and put ur warlock on a stand and play it with ur foot that sounded like shit lol
Quote by DFH/CFH
ill have to check out an ebow. isnt it one of those weird pick things or something. i dont remember but have you used one? if so does it give the same or closely related sound?

Basically, an e-bow produces a magnetic field, which gives infinite sustain (well, as long as the battery lasts). You don't pick with it, you hold it above the strings. Search on youtube to see samples, I think there's some in there... The sound is closely related yes, or can be if you manipulate your sound well enough.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
Quote by 420 FREAK

This is the worst post ever
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Quote by Dudage
This is the worst post ever

have you seen spinal tap? if not then its an inside joke i guess. its part of nigel's crazy solo.