Me and my dad were looking through a trader book and we ran across a Sovtek head. It looks vintage c. 1960-70s? and was an all tube set up for $500. I may get it just for a collectable, but could anyone give me any info on the head
To a shredder, a second is a long time.

Member of the UG Gentlemen of Higher Thought Establishment.

Invite only, if you want to be considered, contribute well to UG, and respect others as much as possible!
i have no clue dude you know in those adds they only allow like 25 letters..anyway what do they sound like

Invite only, if you want to be considered, contribute well to UG, and respect others as much as possible!
the models a MIG 60

Umm, I have heard good things but that price is high.

http://www.astring.com/mig-60.jpg

But seriously dude, why cant you just check google? First thing I got: http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Guitar+Amp/product/Sovtek/Mig+60/10/1

EDIT: *Looks at his sig* *Sees something that says he owns an MG and its not as bad as people think*. Ehhh... Man, maybe you should just stick with your Slamming MG
Last edited by call1800ksmyazz at Feb 4, 2007,
The Mig 60s are pretty decent. Basically they are made in Russia copies of the Marshall JCM800 master volume amps. They do sound pretty good. The pots are a weak point - they are relatively prone to failure are not interchangeble with anything else and mounted in a weird and somewhat difficult way. The Knobs also have a non-standard size hole. For one customer I ordered parts from New Sensor and they shipped pulls. Since then I've been modifying them to take standard Alpha pots.

Most of the other parts are even stranger, but much more reliable. The main filter caps are downright odd looking. All that included I could still recommend these amps. That price seems high, but then a lot of amps that had been overlooked are picking up in price.

These can give great tone at a bargain price. There are a variety of mods possible. Mostly to take some of the top end tizziness out.

Ron