It's very good, but far too non-flexible to be the best game I've ever played.

Oh and...
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by tehbensonzorz
this is probably the best video game ive ever played, EVER.

garrador is probably the most metal creature ive ever seen.

any other lovers?

verdugos are much more metal

EDIT: ^^^STOP POSTING THAT FUCKING PICTURE!!!^^^
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
The most Metal creature in RE4 was clearly the one you find in the lab near the end that regenerates limbs and puffs out spikes.

Anyways, that game is badass, I might have to go rent now that i think about it....
Member #1,267,859 of the I'd die for Dethklok club. PM Vigilantius to join.

Infanterist of the First Reich of the Grammar Nazis.

Quote by MusicMan00
I noticed the avatar before I read what you said. Then I read it. Then I laughed.
Quote by headbanger408
The most Metal creature in RE4 was clearly the one you find in the lab near the end that regenerates limbs and puffs out spikes.

it's called an Iron Maiden coincidentally...
Quote by Felkara
Dude, you just made the most intelligent post in this entire thread. Congrats.
Nowhere near as good as the older Resident Evils, but still a very nice game. I'm a massive Resident Evil fan, so I've played Resi 4 through a few times.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by Smokey Amp
Nowhere near as good as the older Resident Evils, but still a very nice game. I'm a massive Resident Evil fan, so I've played Resi 4 through a few times.

its different from the others certainly, but tbh i don't think they can be compared
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Can't say it's the best but still a great game. I hope 5 can live up to it.
Quote by tommyt
its different from the others certainly, but tbh i don't think they can be compared

Of course they can; they're part of the same series and they involve characters from previous stories. Sure, the game play is different, but the overall story and game quality can be comparable.

Last edited by Smokey Amp at Feb 3, 2007,
Quote by Smokey Amp
Of course they can, they're part of the same series and they involve characters from previous stories. Sure, the game play is different, but the overall story and game quality can be comparable.

theyre part of the same series sure, but characters and story are pretty much irrelevant to the game, story wise, compare them all you like

but they're too dfferent as games, 3rd person behind the shoulder as opposed to a more angled suspensfull approach, full aiming instead of the old system

also 4 is basically an action game whereas the others where survival horror, they were about avoiding and escaping enemies as opposed to blasting them like re4

also the enemies give the games a different dynamic
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Quote by tommyt
also 4 is basically an action game whereas the others where survival horror, they were about avoiding and escaping enemies as opposed to blasting them like re4

That's my main problem with it. I think the new aiming system is excellent, I'd love that angle to be incorporated as a secondary-view in all resident Evil games; that'd be perfection. It's so much better for fighting enemies. However, the reason I'm not happy with Resident Evil 4 is that they strayed too far from the original concept.

Resident Evil is a zombie horror survival game with many lateral thinking elements and a heavy narrative. Resident Evil 4 not only got rid of the zombies, but they also got rid of the Umbrella Corporation and all of the in-game puzzles. Yes, you may say there were some puzzles in Resi 4, but if you've played any previous Resident Evil titles, you'd know that they don't count as real puzzles. I also thought the story in Resident Evil 4 was rather shite.

Resi 4 did bring a lot of new and awesome elements to the game though, for example:

- Upgrading Inventory Space and Customising/Upgrading Weapons
- Interactivity with the scenery
- Cut-scene interactivity
- First person view (Well, over-shoulder view)
- Items to sell

Seriously, if Resident Evil 5 is a mixture of the old titles and Resident Evil 4 to create a game that allows both 3rd person and 1st person views, with puzzles and zombies, it'll probably be the greatest game ever made.

Last edited by Smokey Amp at Feb 3, 2007,
Quote by tehbensonzorz
actually after looking at Wikipedia forever, the Ver-whatevers DEFINATELY take the 'most metal cake".

from what game?
We spent a lifetime on the
Beaches of Normandy in vain

Quote by poopsmith666
oooh look at me, i'm clincher, internet tough guy

Quote by theBaartMan
When Nostradamus predicted badassery, he spoke of clincher09.

<//////> ~

UG's NIN fan club
Quote by clincher09
from what game?

resident evil 4, n00b
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
Quote by clincher09
from what game?

It's from Resident Evil 4...Hence the thread topic...

It was alright...I enjoyed it, but nowhere near my favorite all time games.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
I thought it was really good. I liked it a lot. Wouldn't say its my favorite game of all time, but it was sweet.

The worst part was the end when the girl told Leon he should come over for some "over time" and he said "I dont think that's a good idea."
What was he thinking?
His testicles must've been crushed by one of those monsters, thus killing his sex drive.
i've actually played thru it about six times...but ya its awesome, has anyone else gotten all the hidden characters in the mercenaries mode?
definetly one of the best games ive played if not the best!! a combo of res 4 and older res games would b awesome, cant wait till 5!!!! wooo
Quote by DaliLama
Go to a friend and say "what the difference between soda and your soda?............(pause).............sperm!" Then you start masturbating furiously into their can
Quote by SOADrox429
verdugos are much more metal

EDIT: ^^^STOP POSTING THAT FUCKING PICTURE!!!^^^

Hell ya, I named my band Verdugo

I love this game. Mercenaries is so fun and hard.
Alta Vera - My real life alternative rock band.
Ashen Spire - My personal metal band.

Super Mario, F-Zero & Dragonball Z covers!

PSN: whatev27

Let me ask you, does a machine like yourself ever experience fear?