Does anyone else here like John Mayer? He's a good lyricist and an extremely underrated guitarist.
yeah I agree that he is an underrated guitarist, like the stuff he does is hard, and plus he sings while playing it too.
yeah I think he's good. I love that song "who do you think I was" it's just got awsome instruments. And he's really good live from the videos i've seen; you know he's consistent it sounds good on the album and live.

I didn't like him at all when he first came out but now with his newer music he's cool. And man I wouldn't mind haing his signature strat either.
Why on Earth is there a John Mayer thread in the modern rock forum?
All the world's indeed a stage
And we are merely players
Performers and portrayers
Each another's audience
Outside the gilded cage
Amazing bluesy stuff like the john mayer trio and his solo stuff is really relaxy and laid back. Love hiM!
1# member of R.I.P layne staley club pm me to join
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
I love the Trio's stuff, but I'm not a fan of his bubble-gum poppy stuff.

He is a cracking guitarist though.
Terms and Conditions apply.
Sry i didnt kno there was a thread in the Blues forum. O well, hes kinda Modern Rock-ish anyway (at least his older stuff is, like Heavier Things)
^ Definitly a good place to put him here or the alternative but still none the less amazing!
1# member of R.I.P layne staley club pm me to join
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
yeh, im huge into john mayers stuff. he's a good way to get into jazz/blues if all you do is listen to modern rock. i know im heavy into jazz and blues now. lol but yeh, way underrated on the musicianship....especially since hes only 23 and has much time to get better than he is now...
Member #17 of the Alter Bridge Fan club - PM Logz to join!

"Hey man, did you jus kill that guy?!?!"
"No, i jus shot him, the bullet killed him."
I think he is at his best when he is doing blues. Anyone who has ever seen Eric Clapton's Crossroads Guitar Festival DVD will know what I mean.
"This is The End, beautiful friend, The End"
Quote by IHATECHILDREN
Sry i didnt kno there was a thread in the Blues forum. O well, hes kinda Modern Rock-ish anyway (at least his older stuff is, like Heavier Things)

What are you talking about? You post in it all the time.

And while he may be better suited in the modern rock forum, the thread's fairly big in Blues and Jazz, so just keep it there fella's.
Used to hate him for his poppiness, then saw him cover Jimi and he instantly earned my respect. He's a great blues guitarist, and he does suprisingly good Hendrix covers.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
theres a mayer thread in blues and jazz
my gear
Cube 30
sammick strat rip off
schecter C-1 classic diamond series
Peavey JSX combo
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
A.G.E > grunge