Okay,I was gonna start playing.Switched on the amp,plugged in,started whackin off
some MOP but suddenly my amp gave a lot of feedback.Well,I thought it was kinda
normal,I'm used to that because of my old cable so i started twisting around the jack area but unlike last time,the feedback didn't stop! I tried it with another cable,and the sound didnt stop.Now,I know my amp is just a laney hcm 10,but I'm a student and I'm really really broke now that I cant even afford a strap.Is there something I can do to 'cure' my amp?Or is my guitar faulty?
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
When you say whacking, you mean playing, correct? because if not, then there's your problem right there...
Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
Quote by cashewchaching
When you say whacking, you mean playing, correct? because if not, then there's your problem right there...

haha, oh dear, i think that's worth sigging!
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it
Quote by ZootCst
Always check your cables first.

Yeah,thats what I did.I used my 1st cable,then i checked it with another cable.

Just curious,could it be from my guitar?
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Are you sure? It COULD just be the cables, one time I had 3 cables, one went out one day, the other 2 went out the next day. I thought it was the amp so I took it to the shop to get it fixed, they plugged a high quality cable in to see what was wrong and they said "dude, your amp is fine"
Quote by doomnight
Are you sure? It COULD just be the cables, one time I had 3 cables, one went out one day, the other 2 went out the next day. I thought it was the amp so I took it to the shop to get it fixed, they plugged a high quality cable in to see what was wrong and they said "dude, your amp is fine"

Really?I'll try to borrow my friend's cable tomorrow,hopefully it's my cable's fault

And ZootCst,I havent done that yet,that'll have to wait because I haven't time to do that yet.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Just found out,it wasnt my amp or cable's fault,it was the guitar's.A guitar tech found a wire that wasn't soldered and soldered it.Funny,how on earth did the wire came out from its soldering?
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic