i was in a music store today, playing different guitars and as i was putting one back some old ass-hat took the epi joe perry from me and said "if you're not buying anything i don't want you playing all my guitars.Because, i'm the one that has to clean em' up." my jaw dropped to the fugging floor.I have no clue why anyone would say something stupid like that.I wasn't playing anything really expensive just an epi les paul custom,epi joe perry lp. and a epi flametop sg.Does anyone know what he meant by"i'm the one that has to clean them up."?

do yourself a favor and never becom that uptight.
Quote by Laces Out Danny
wtfs a hickey?!
well id just say im gunna take my business to another guitar store that lets u try guitars before investing your money into one
Next time, knee him in the crotch, play the stairway to heaven intro a few times, hang the guitar on the wall and leave.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
when i worked in a music store i had to dust the guitars every day and change strings and other stuff every now and then, but i have no idea why anyone would do what that guy did, the guitars need cleaning any way. if someone was looking at a guitar i would go up to them and be like "yeah, its nice, eh? wanna have a play with it?" regardless of whether or not i thought they were even thinking of buying it...

that guy was just being an ass hole.
Quote by Machanix
We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back!

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far
Than A Wise And Productive Old Age

Good Girls Go To Heaven, But The Bad Girls Go Everywhere!
Quote by parkerguitars24
Does anyone know what he meant by"i'm the one that has to clean them up."?

I think he meant, "I'm the one that has to clean them up."

It's his store, he can do what he wants. Take your business else where if you don't like it.
*Shrug*... i have bought from every music store i go to... they practically roll out the red carpet when they see me come through the door..
Gear:
Charvel/Jackson 3B Bass
Jackson CMG Bass
Ibanez BTB575FM 5-String Bass
Vintage 70s Ampeg V9 SVT/ Ampeg 8x10 Cab
Fender Deluxe Blackout Telecaster

Angelus Mortem
people like that need a good kick in the balls (or any genitals at that matter) I would have proboly said something really stupid or nasty to him without hesitation
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
just stick something in the hole and wiggle it around until you feel something poking out then push it hard.

Quote by gallagher2006
I seriously cant begin to tell you how refreshing it is to get some briliiant help from this site for once!

Thats about me
also tell him if u didnt make the guitars "dirty" for him to clean up, hed be out of a job wouldnt he
Quote by Archaon
I think he meant, "I'm the one that has to clean them up."

It's his store, he can do what he wants. Take your business else where if you don't like it.

you're just a ray of ****ing sunshine aren't you?and yes i do plan to take my business elsewhere.And plus he wasn't the owner he was just an employee.I thought that was really weird.I should have told the manager or owner but failed to.I just wanted the hell out of that hole.
Quote by Laces Out Danny
wtfs a hickey?!
Quote by Angelus Mortem
*Shrug*... i have bought from every music store i go to... they practically roll out the red carpet when they see me come through the door..

Thats so they have something to roll you up in when they club you in the head from behind, ship you downstairs to 'the gimp', then kill you after he's done playing 'hide the junk in the bonerholster'.
If he doesn't like it, then he needs to find something else to do for a living. People need to try gear out to make sure it's for them before they buy. Sure, a lot of people come in just to mess around, but that's going to happen. It doesn't mean that everyone trying stuff out have no plan of purchasing it.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Quote by parkerguitars24
i was in a music store today, playing different guitars and as i was putting one back some old ass-hat took the epi joe perry from me and said "if you're not buying anything i don't want you playing all my guitars.Because, i'm the one that has to clean em' up." my jaw dropped to the fugging floor.I have no clue why anyone would say something stupid like that.I wasn't playing anything really expensive just an epi les paul custom,epi joe perry lp. and a epi flametop sg.Does anyone know what he meant by"i'm the one that has to clean them up."?

do yourself a favor and never becom that uptight.

The guy was a bit over the top, but then again, would you let some stupid kid that you dont know at all and let him play your guitar????? I know i wouldnt.....
Frank Zappa's not dead. He just smells funny.
My stores better not do that, I dropped $500 on a guitar there and more on regualr string and pick purchases. PLus the $200 for my amp in another store, then again I know one or two of the sales guys and they just say hey and let me try the stuff.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
I was messing around on the guitars the other day at the 4 music stores that are all in the same area in my city. I ended up buying a Crafter acoustic from the guy who was the nicest to me. (it was also a great deal, I payed $300 for a $500 guitar. ) But that's beside the point. You are shelling out a lot of money, who knows if you are looking for fun or looking to buy.
Quote by sheumack111
The guy was a bit over the top, but then again, would you let some stupid kid that you dont know at all and let him play your guitar????? I know i wouldnt.....

wasn't his personal guitars, they were the stores giutars and it wasn't his store so, he was just being an ass-hat. And no. i wouldn't let some stupid kid come up and play my guitars, but I'm not a guitar store now am I?
Quote by Laces Out Danny
wtfs a hickey?!
Quote by parkerguitars24
wasn't his personal guitars, they were the stores giutars and it wasn't his store so, he was just being an ass-hat. And no. i wouldn't let some stupid kid come up and play my guitars, but I'm not a guitar store now am I?

Yeah but hes still responsible for the guitars and what happens too him....... If some stupid kid drops the guitar and wrecks it, the shop keeper will have to shell out money for it, so really in a way it is his guitar........
Quote by sheumack111
Yeah but hes still responsible for the guitars and what happens too him....... If some stupid kid drops the guitar and wrecks it, the shop keeper will have to shell out money for it, so really in a way it is his guitar........

Yes, he is in charge. However, there are ways to ensure the safety of the guitars and still allow customers to test them.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

Quote by sheumack111

you may have one this battle sheumack but there will be others.
Quote by Laces Out Danny
wtfs a hickey?!
Quote by parkerguitars24
you may have one this battle sheumack but there will be others.

Ha, but he really didn't win...check out whalepudding's post.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

Next time go in and play the same guitars. If he says something, ask to see the manager or store owner.
Peepee on yo tittays
Quote by terrencemaddox
Ha, but he really didn't win...check out whalepudding's post.

woo! victory! You may NOT have won this one sheumack but there will be others!

oh and congratulations whalepudding,if that is your real name, for making a great post.
Quote by Laces Out Danny
wtfs a hickey?!
Quote by sheumack111

If none of their guitars were ever to be damaged, they'd be in glass cases. Besides, usually when they see you looking they should come and get it down for you, and when you're finished they come over and take it from you. But I guess thats only if theres not many people there...

And oh yeah. Re-phrasing whalepudding. Theres a line it goes like this, and is used in most stores. "You break it, you buy it" =]
Last edited by doomnight at Feb 3, 2007,
I got kicked out of a guitar store once, because I had the amp turned up too loud while there was a lesson. The amp wasn't on.

I said I wouldn't buy anything from there and I havent, other than picks. Pwnt. They have crappy guitars there anyway.
lulz
Quote by whalepudding
No, the kid will have to pay for it.

Depends how the store runs..... Yes the kid will probably have to pay for it but it would also mean a hassel for the shop keeper to have to organise replacement etc, when really it could have all be prevented...... Or if the kids a typical little shit they just run out of the store before the shop keeper notices........

Also if the shop has insurance covering all the guitars, if they make a claim it would mean they have to pay the premium which on a guitar is usually about 1/5th of the list price...... Either way the shop keeper does not want kids dammaging guitars as it creates loss for the business.....
you should have said "well i have a couple of grand to spend on a new guitar, thanks to your poor customer service i will take my money elsewhere" then walk out

that'll make him go "oops"
We may be divorced..... but we're still cousins

I came 2nd in the January 2007 Punk-0-Matic Tournament
Quote by Rankles
I frequently put capes on all my teeth and they go out fighting crime together.
Quote by parkerguitars24
you're just a ray of ****ing sunshine aren't you?and yes i do plan to take my business elsewhere.And plus he wasn't the owner he was just an employee.I thought that was really weird.I should have told the manager or owner but failed to.I just wanted the hell out of that hole.

Why thanks, I am a ray of sunshine.

Next time, don't be a pussy and talk to the manager about it. It's his job to clean the ****ing guitars. I don't understand you kids. Why are you so afraid to confront adults or authority figures?
i guy i knew used to be a little, " don't mess with the guitars" which is understandable, but i did work experience with them , and were awesome
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!