Page 1 of 5
Very creepy depressive black metal band. I know there are a few fans on this forum, so I just thought I'd make a thead about them. And im listening to Subliminal Genocide right now

Discuss.
One of the few bands I can't get into because of the production. It's just too nasty.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
I like 'em. I only have Telepathic with the Deceased and The Funeral of Being though.
I've found Jesus
I've tried, I just can't really get into them though

Oh well...maybe later in life.
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
Quote by Embodiment
Wank? Not at all.

Haha yea, definitely not wank. More like the opposite if you're going to go for extremes.
I've found Jesus
Upon first listen you may not realize the thematic coherance and focus present in this band's sound, but once you go deeper you find a definite atmosphere. Layers upon layers of guitars and eerie synths create a dissonant yet depressive ambience, and is yet the best black metal in the depressive vain, especially the Subliminal Genocide album.
Tiger style.
the only albums i've taken the time to appreciate are nocturnal poisoning and telepathic... Malefic definately has talent. However, the majority of xasthur is too repetative in my opinion.
Everything seems to fit together nicely with Xasthur, I quite like the repetitive nature they have in their songs personally.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by laffyjam
Very creepy depressive black metal band. I know there are a few fans on this forum, so I just thought I'd make a thead about them. And im listening to Subliminal Genocide right now

Discuss.

great album. Malefic is responsible for some of the ugliest music around lol, actually got a Xasthur shirt in the mail today

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Telepathic With The Diseased owns.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
I don't like it. Too gritty.
'Thine Eyes Bleed':

Quote by CSguitarvocal
More like... Thine Butthole Bleeds... from all the gay sex you have!!! Ahahaha!

Quote by Butt Rayge
Fuck off already, you fucking faggot fuck.

amidoinitrite?

Quote by DeAd-RiP
I don't care for slipknot unless I'm so drunk I don't care about anything.
Doesn't click with me. Maybe I'll give em another try eventually.
Ride the dragon toward the crimson eye...

Vaginal Destruction

^ Do you like sludgey stoner/doom? Well then you should try Vaginal Destruction
Quote by matt85210
I don't like it. Too gritty.

Well done, so you downloaded 20 seconds of a song?

....bloodstained mirrors is wetter than Paris Hilton on heat.
Shadilay.
...No, I just don't like under produced black metal. Some people say it adds atmosphere. I think it completely fucks up what might be good musicianship (although I can't prove this point or not seeing as I can never fucking hear it). It really stops me engaging with the music.

Stuff like Emperor and Limbonic Art >>>>> stuff like Xasthur and Kriger.
'Thine Eyes Bleed':

Quote by CSguitarvocal
More like... Thine Butthole Bleeds... from all the gay sex you have!!! Ahahaha!

Quote by Butt Rayge
Fuck off already, you fucking faggot fuck.

amidoinitrite?

Quote by DeAd-RiP
I don't care for slipknot unless I'm so drunk I don't care about anything.
IMO if music like this (and 'depressive' BM like Xasthur in particular) were too clear/well produced, that would take away some of the 'feeling' of it.

i actually find Xasthur not too bad on the production front, when compared to other similar bands of course. ive heard some people say its the worst production they've ever heard.
Ah yes, Scott & his 10 year old wife, I enjoy Xasthur though, nothing creative or exciting by any stretch of the imagination, but competent & entertaining when in the right mood.
Don't analyze my beliefs & I won't pick out the flaws in yours
The primitive production accompanies the primitive style and inspiration.*

*does not apply to LLN bands - they're just homo for the sake of being homo.
Shadilay.
Good stuff. Pretty much all of his songs have a subtle beauty in them like "Drown In Eternal Twilight" and "Dreams Blacker Than Death".

His covers of Burzum's songs aren't half bad either.

When I came near losing my own life
It made me learn the true meaning of a smile
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
I like them. The atmosphere is incredible.

agreed
Wenn die Nack einfällt
bedeckt sie die Welt
mit undurchdringlicher Dunkelheit.
Kälte steigt vom boden auf
und verpestet die Luft
plötzlich...
hat das Leben neue
Bedeutung

Burzum "Dunkelheit"
On a side note, does anyone else find themselves getting confused on whether you're supposed to say 'him' when you're referring to one-man-bands? Like when I'm talking about Burzum or Nargaroth...

"Uhh...yeah...He-...I mean they-...I mean, uhhhhhhh...."

I dunno if it's just me but...meh.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
Cool album covers lol.
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
I ADORE XASTHUR. My favorite band of all. So descriptive, deep and emotional. Leave alone the beautiful dark atmosperes of xasthur, the screams of Malefic alone are so deep and can tell you alot. it's sad, hateful, dark and beautiful. it's everything i'd ever ask for in music .I love this band to death

"TO violate the oblivious" is a timeless wonder. and by the way, xasthur is a one man band.
Last edited by Xas_Thur at Mar 31, 2007,
Quote by RingmasterTJ
Ah yes, Scott & his 10 year old wife, I enjoy Xasthur though, nothing creative or exciting by any stretch of the imagination, but competent & entertaining when in the right mood.

Quote by Xas_Thur
I ADORE XASTHUR. My favorite band of all. So descriptive, deep and emotional. Leave alone the beautiful dark atmosperes of xasthur, the screams of Malefic alone are so deep and can tell you alot. it's sad, hateful, dark and beautiful. it's everything i'd ever ask for in music .I love this band to death

"TO violate the oblivious" is a timeless wonder. and by the way, xasthur is a one man band.

They're only painful because it's the sound of a large **** ripping his arse apart.

NO COMPROMISE!
Quote by Xas_Thur

do you have a myspace too?
Shadilay.
Quote by morbid_death
do you have a myspace too?

You're being ignored, kicked outta the door for eternity from now on. I know one thing that if it wasn't online non of you even dared to speak the wrong words.
Quote by Xas_Thur
You're being ignored, kicked outta the door for eternity from now on. I know one thing that if it wasn't online non of you even dared to speak the wrong words.

Your quite the grim fellow.

Quote by Xas_Thur

ROFL chill.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
lol @ the Xasthur fanboyism... I mean the music is great, but that's just silly

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Page 1 of 5