so last night i had this dream that i was with SRV and double trouble and we were all jamming. im not sure how i ended up there but it was by far THE coolest dream ever. i mostly played rhythm in the dream because i just wanted to hear him play. at the end me and him were talking and show each other stuff on the guitar. obviously when i woke up i tried to remember what he told me and tried to play it but it didnt work out so well. it was really awesome though. it felt so real.

call me crazy but im going to try and start lucid dreaming so i can try and do this when ever, and ill be able to control what happens. just thought id share this. anyone else have dreams like this?
yes, i had a revelation that made me switch from metal and hard rock and playing video games all day to blues instantly. I saw myself on the couch sitting there getting old and grey playing videogames and watching t.v. I became very old and sick when Albert King, i didn't know who he was at the time, came over to me, grabbed my hand and pulled me up. I became young abd skinny again and he said, "that's not the way to live, you have to feel it, why are you playing that heavy no feel music? the blues is where it's at." I sold all my videogames, heavey metal hardrock CDs instantly and began learning about blues immeadiately.
^ That's awesome.

Don't want to be an actor pretending on the stage
Don't want to be a writer with my thoughts out on the page
Don't want to be a painter 'cause everyone comes to look
Don't want to be anything where my life's an open book

Phish - Waste
Quote by TheGuitaristMan
yes, i had a revelation that made me switch from metal and hard rock and playing video games all day to blues instantly. I saw myself on the couch sitting there getting old and grey playing videogames and watching t.v. I became very old and sick when Albert King, i didn't know who he was at the time, came over to me, grabbed my hand and pulled me up. I became young abd skinny again and he said, "that's not the way to live, you have to feel it, why are you playing that heavy no feel music? the blues is where it's at." I sold all my videogames, heavey metal hardrock CDs instantly and began learning about blues immeadiately.

ooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh crossroads
That reminds me of a while ago, had a dream and Adrian Smith showed me a vibrato/hammer on technique...
*shrugs* I don't know...
Quote by TheGuitaristMan
Crossroads? Like the Clapton song?

Or the Robert Johnson song, but i don't think he was talking about that.
I once had a dream sort of like that. Mine was ironic and freaky actually.

I was playing Little Wing in my dream and someone came up to me and was watching me and I said "Hendrix isn't that good" (Which is ironic, why would I be playing his song and say that... Well I could just like that song but I liked more) and than the freaky part happened... Hendrix suddenly was standing behind me and I said "He's right behind me, isn't he?" and I woke up.
Quote by vintage x metal
idk if my vagina can handle all of this at once.

Quote by hazzmatazz
It's a good time too stop when you start ejaculating air, right?

Quote by frankv
I've been raping my left hand
Quote by Squall142
I once had a dream sort of like that. Mine was ironic and freaky actually.

I was playing Little Wing in my dream and someone came up to me and was watching me and I said "Hendrix isn't that good" (Which is ironic, why would I be playing his song and say that... Well I could just like that song but I liked more) and than the freaky part happened... Hendrix suddenly was standing behind me and I said "He's right behind me, isn't he?" and I woke up.

lol
I had a fantastic dream once that I saw Cream at the Winterland in '68, the night they recorded the likes of Spoonful and Crossroads. Holy crap, what I wouldn't give to be at that concert for real!

Then I had a weird dream that Peter Green came to live with my family cos he was like wandering on the side of the road homeless and I said he could crash with me and my folks. Then my dream turned totally feaky, (to the soundtrack of The Green Manalishi) I got these total freak-out images of Greeny laughing psychotically, which merged and appeared like a kaleidoscope thing. It was quite...er....freaky!!

And as a side note, I don't dabble in *ahem* certain non legal substances, I just take in a lot of e-numbers and have a disturbed subconscious mind
I dreamed that i was jack bruce, it was awesome! (whether his life is actually like that i will never know)
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Thats kinda funny cause in the liner notes of "Texas Flood" it talks about how SRV used to have dreams that Hendrix would show him stuff, but he could never remember it when he woke up. Weird.
I had a dream like that just after I started playing guitar where I'd been trying to work out part of a Nirvana song all day (I hadn't been playing long, I promise) and I had a dream where Kurt wandered up, played the bit I'd been working on, and wandered off again. Not Blues-related, but it's still vaguely on topic
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
Am I the only person here who plays guitar when awake, and dreams about women when asleep?
Encore God & Asomodai- UG JHS Brotherhood

Encore God: fighting UG Zeppelin-centrism since 2002.
i had a dream once where i got a guitar lesson from joe satriani on my elementary school field. it was the best
i keep reading this thread, going away and remembering my dreams. i come back and have foorgotten them. grrrrrrrr it winds me up.
tho i know ive had a couple of blues dreams
but i cannea remember them.....