Im in a serious dilemma.

So money isnt an issue for me at the moment, but i still want to spend it wisely.

Here's the deal: I've come across a Big Muff Pi Russian and an OD-1 made in japan circa 1977.

I've also become aware of how good Maxon are (specifically the OD-9 Pro+ Overdrive) and im thinking about getting that.

Alright, I dont want/need two overdrives but Im wondering if this OD-1 is a great deal (it's cheap too) or if I should get the Maxon (and its pretty expensive, brand new)

Im going to get the russian Pi because I need something like that in my rig, a new sound.

Can I get some opinions and suggestions on what I should do? Thanks dewds.
I suppose it is when spam is an issue. Get whatever you think sounds the best for your own tone.
My Gear:
-Schecter C-1 Plus (Vintage Sunburst)
-B-52 AT-212 Tube Combo
-ZW-44 Zakk Wylde Overdrive
-Digitech RP350 Multi-Effects Pedal
-Hamer Slammer Strat Copy
Quote by soccerdude3465
I suppose it is when spam is an issue. Get whatever you think sounds the best for your own tone.

I live in a smaller town and I cant try them out.

How is this spam???? I'm asking a question about effects.
Well firstly, living somewhere obscure isn't an excuse with such a wealth of soundclips and things on the interweb. Also, you don't need to make triple posts as that. That's what I consider spam.
My Gear:
-Schecter C-1 Plus (Vintage Sunburst)
-B-52 AT-212 Tube Combo
-ZW-44 Zakk Wylde Overdrive
-Digitech RP350 Multi-Effects Pedal
-Hamer Slammer Strat Copy
Quote by soccerdude3465
Well firstly, living somewhere obscure isn't an excuse with such a wealth of soundclips and things on the interweb. Also, you don't need to make triple posts as that. That's what I consider spam.

Soundclips don't always show what the pedal will really sound like with your own personal rig.

I triple posted in large intervals as no one was replying. I thought these forums were for discussion. I might move to Harmony Central.
Last edited by guitarist_with_ at Feb 4, 2007,
Try them out, it's such an obvious answer but people never bother thinking about it.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30