1. Does shape of body affect tone? If so how?
2.Is there a strat model where upper frets a easy to get to?
3.Is coil tapping spliting a humbucker in to a single coil? How can I do this to a guitar
4.How do i install a killswitch?
okay... i'll take a crack at this..

1) Mainly if it's single or double cutaway. Those make the biggest and most noticable difference. The wood that the body is made of is what affects the tone most, and how depends on what wood it is.

2)Yes, it's called the fender strat - they're all easy to get to the upper registers. If you're having trouble, your strap is probably too low.

3)Yes, coil tapping means splitting a humbucker into a single. YOu need to get a pickup that is wired for tapping.

4)A killswitch is easy - just disconnect one of your pickups. When you switch to it using your normal toggle switch, the signal will cut out since no pickup is attatched. Make sure you get a durable toggle, though. That's how morello did it initially.
1. big time, if you notice a les paul has a more mellow tone than say a super strat which tend to be brighter, it has alot to do with woods used, but also if you take a chunk out of a les paul for a tremelo youll notice you loose almost all the midrange, if you cut the wings off a V same thing, it looses alot of resonance, but it also has to do with P/U placement and where you place your everything
2. ive never had an issue with this, maybe a showmaster, set neck
3. yes, i dont think you should do this by youself, it does take rewiring, and installing a new pot
4. you simply cut the wiring to your neck pickup, i suggest not doing this and instead turning the volume down, much simpler and you wont ever want a neck pickup and not have one
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
my first guitar didnt have a killswitch and i hated it...but then i got my sg and it has 2 humbuckers; a bridge humbucker and a neck humbucker. it also has a volume and tone knob for both humbuckers, so all i dois turn the volume off on my neck humbuker (because i rarely use it) and when i want to kill the volume i just flip my pickup selector to the neck humbucker position and its off. same type of thin as posted above but you dont have to unhook anything

in closing....get and SG
Gear:
Epiphone SG Vintage
Digitech RP 100A
Kustom Quad 100 DFX
Washburn D10S Deluxe (electric acoustic)
1) Yea, e.g. more wood around the bridge area or so.
2)yes, they have cutaways, unless you are playing the guitar 'retardedly' (e.g. strap to your angles, playing it lefty with a righy guitar)
3) Yes, it splits it up, but you won't get a single coil tone.
4) google.
Quote by OtisB Driftwood
1. Does shape of body affect tone? If so how?
2.Is there a strat model where upper frets a easy to get to?
3.Is coil tapping spliting a humbucker in to a single coil? How can I do this to a guitar
4.How do i install a killswitch?

1. Nope, body shape has nothing to do with tone, atleast nothing noticable to the human ear. Unless your Eric Johnson, of course. The thickness of the body, and the materials used DO affect tone, and that is basically 95% of your tone. The reasons Les Pauls sound different than strats is because they're almost an 1" thicker, and use mahogany bodies with maple tops. Strats are just alder, a pretty bright wood. Also, the pickups used greatly affects tone, that's why Strats and Les Pauls sound totally different (humbuckers vs. single coils).
2. Yes. Fender Stratocaster.
3. No. In theory coil taps work, but usually they don't sound too much like a single coil as the other coil affects the one you're using.
4. The easiest way to install a killswitch is to short the hot lead to the ground wire. Go to radioshack and buy a SPST switch and wire it like this.

Chris
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
Psssssssssh, I hate Eric Johnson that guy.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeesh, I still hate that guy.

No, I don't care if he can tell the difference between a 2001 strat or a 2002 strat.

NO.
He's the biggest bullshitter anyways.

Chris
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
i like him
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

doesnt body shape have some things with tone, look at EVH when he cut the shark tooth design in his Destroyer, all the tone was lost
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
Quote by AlGeeEater
He's the biggest bullshitter anyways.

Chris

Yay, Chris agrees with me.

I still hate that guy.
Quote by dertjoe
doesnt body shape have some things with tone, look at EVH when he cut the shark tooth design in his Destroyer, all the tone was lost

Thats not the shape thats cos some of the wood must've been cut off, I don't know whats technical about it or anything though.

he's on about shape as in, V, SG, DOuble Cutaway, Single cutaway (I think.)
Quote by dertjoe

No.
Quote by AlGeeEater
No.

I have to half agree...

but I believe if you cut out a massive chunk of wood,
it will make a difference..
I mean look at it this way,
if you have a 1" thicker body, and that changes the tone...
wouldn't the tone change if you cut out an area of the guitar that would almost equal the same amount of wood?
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
Well, first he didn't take THAT much wood out of it. If you take what he did cut away, and added it thickness I doubt that it would make the body even 3/16" thicker. I'm just assuming, I could technically figure it out mathamatically, but the human ear wouldn't hear the difference.

There would probaly a slight decrease in sustain though i'd imagine, but as for tone, nah.

Chris