This is an instrumental tune i started writing and recording today...........umm......................im going to rerecord the beginnig lead..................Umm the solos are actually like the second first take...........hrmm..........i recorded all the lead..........the improvisd parts and what not, then my computer crashed.....so i had to go and do it again...........the original improv parts were much better(IMO).......umm.........anyway like i said i started this today so ill rerecord and rework some parts..........but id love to hear what u guys think...........

DAmn.....................i forgot to post the link...................http://joeibz13.dmusic.com/
Its the Newsong one.............
Last edited by 6DOIT at Feb 3, 2007,
Aww, all those views and no good crits?

The last note of the accoustic loop seems a bit harsh or dissonant, what's up with that? The lead guitar comes in. Sounds like you're influenced by Satriani, am I correct? I like some of the licks and I don't like some of the licks. I really don't like the tone, I'm sorry for that, but we all have a different taste, eh I think it's too harsh/sharp: Try rolling down the treble or toneknob on the guitar. Perhaps try rolling down the gain a bit too?

In the sweeping part: The third arpeggio seems a bit off.. Also, the whole sweeping seems a bit 'filler'.

When you bend, try to make sure you land on the correct pitch! I hear some bends go totally dissonant, because you don't land correct.

The quick runs are pretty epic

Overall: Ended up better than I expected it. 7.5/10

Care to crit my instrumental? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=517182
The "Popped Collar" Award(Sexiest)
Elvenkindje

The "Rest In Real Life" Award(Best Past MT Mod)
Elvenkindje
Im going to rerecord most of it.........my tone sux cuz im getting used to a new amp and recording setup..................Thats actually not sweeping its string skipping......and ill admit is a little sloppy..........yes your right...the first note of the third arpeggio is a half step sharp.....The dissonant bends are somewhat because of my bizarre whammy usage......somewhat intentional.........somewhat not.......ill prolly record better solos............it was all improv after all..............anyway...........thanks for taking the time to give me some feedback...................
Good job! I didn't like the the backing rhythm too much, mostly due to the tone i guess. The lead was great, but it seemed to really pick up more towards the end (bout 3/4 thru the song). I'd take it easy on the whammy bar, not all of it seemed to fit, but most of it was good. Overall, great job!