I'm pretty much a complete newbie with bass and wanna start to learn a bit...as i know from guitars u can make a shit guitar sound good out of an amazing guitar amp. Would that be the same thing with a bass guitar? And i played through a Fender Bassman 150 today. Would that amp be good enough to make a Dean Edge sound good? I liked the sound the standard P-bass made through it. Thanks!
Setup:
Ibanez SZ520QM Gold Amber Burst w/ tone zone bridge and Norton Neck
Gibson Faded SG
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
Pedals
Maxon OD808 pedal
Boss CE-5
Boss Ph-3
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Big Muff Pi
EHX Holy Grail
Danelectro Danecho
im not really sure, you need to try that yourself
Gear: 08 Fender MIA Jazz bass,
American Peavey Millenium Plus 4,
GK 1001RBII,
Mesa/Boogie RR215,
Schecter C-1 Classic.
i would but the problem is the dean is in one store and the fender amp is in another store...which is the problem
Setup:
Ibanez SZ520QM Gold Amber Burst w/ tone zone bridge and Norton Neck
Gibson Faded SG
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
Pedals
Maxon OD808 pedal
Boss CE-5
Boss Ph-3
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Big Muff Pi
EHX Holy Grail
Danelectro Danecho
oh boy, i imagine it wouldnt sound bad at all.
Gear: 08 Fender MIA Jazz bass,
American Peavey Millenium Plus 4,
GK 1001RBII,
Mesa/Boogie RR215,
Schecter C-1 Classic.
Why not bring your bass to the store? I've done that, they didn't mind. I have a Bassman 250 and it's fantastic. It makes my really good basses sound better :P

One thing I will say is that a Fender Bassman's semi-parametric EQ is a very useful tool, but it's very very scary for newbies. You should definitely read up on EQing before you try using it. Otherwise, leave it flat.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
are you retarded man? bass and guitar are 2 completely different instruments, u think ur "guitar knowledge" is gonna apply to bass at all!?

hahah im kidding. yes its the exact same principle. in most cases the amp will contribute more to tone than ur bass will.

that being said a fender p-bass will almost always sound better than a dean edge bass.

i suggest buying the bass first, bring it over and try the amp. if it doesnt sound that great to you, return or trade in the bass. the bassman ur talking about is a great amp to start out with.