Page 1 of 2
Yo

I'm thinking about getting a B.C. Rich Warlock at my local music store it's $299Au but it's not the bronze model. I'm also thinking about putting dimebuckers and new tuning heads in and running it through a Boss DS1 Distortion to a Marshall MG15MSII Mini Stack. So what do you think? Absolute metal madness or oversized christmas tree ornament? Thanks in advance!
Quote by lithiumftw
i am actually lolling right now!!! lmao!

After 1 and a half long years, someone laughed at one of my posts.

F*CK YEAH
You would use it as a doorstop, maybe...
Schecter CSH-1
Schecter Omen 6
Schecter 30th Anniversary Traditional
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Peavey XXX 40
Digitech Whammy
Visual Sound H2O
FullTone Clyde Deluxe Wah
If you like the shape and sound of the guitar, go for it! Don't let people here tell you that B.C. Rich guitars are bad, my buddy has a platium series and it's alright. It's not a high end guitar, but it's not a bad one either.
High as tits
If you're gonna go that cheap, go with something thats actually worth you're money, like the lower end washburns, Jacksons, and Ibanezs.
Quote by imnotcommunist
lets make an emo song!!
first play same 2 power chords over and over
have a breakdown every 10 seconds
cry and whimper
dont forget the hair over one eye
and the depressing lyrics on how your teddy bear died!
what if i used an lp menace instead?
Quote by lithiumftw

F*CK YEAH
well there isnt really an ultimate, but there are ones made for it.

id say either a jackson or LTD.
yeah but i like the metal look and the ultra thin buttery neck everyone talks about and i'm thinkin it wouldn't sound too bad with dimebuckers
Quote by lithiumftw

F*CK YEAH
ESP ltd i cant afford stuff like that i'm not that rich, But it would be nice....
Quote by lithiumftw

F*CK YEAH
Quote by StratoSlayer
ESP ltd i cant afford stuff like that i'm not that rich, But it would be nice....

you could afford a ltd. i think.
it's $2500Au and i'm unemployed, and still a kid too
Quote by lithiumftw

F*CK YEAH
Quote by StratoSlayer
it's $2500Au and i'm unemployed, and still a kid too

?!?!?! really? for an LTD?!?

are you sure your not thinking ESP?
im thinking the grey one that looks like a bomb hit it
Quote by lithiumftw

F*CK YEAH
Quote by StratoSlayer

??? what are you talking about?
nah LTD's aren't that expensive.
My Gear...
Guitars:
- Ibanez RG350EX
- Cort Acoustic
Amps:
- Randall RG75
Effects:
-Boss ME-50 Multi Effects

Quote by Ajax413
Pfft... I know a guy who didn't even masturbate until he was 18... now that's a late bloomer.
LTD's are like under seven or eight hundred dollars, you must be thinking ESP.

Also, an MG is a horrible amp. Really, the mini stack is quite gimmicky i hope you havent bought it yet. It is quite bad, the cleans and dirty are super muddy
Quote by StratoSlayer

i think that the james hetfield custom shop model, extremely expensive

there are some not so expensive ltd guitars, better that the warlock
But it's the platinum for 299Au it's so irresisteble! And imagine it with dimebuckers, on a side note i'm going to get a halfstack instead can someone recommend a good marshall halfstack for under $600? I play about 65% metal and 35% rock. And also if you buy dimebuckers do you get two or only one?
Quote by lithiumftw

F*CK YEAH
im guessing for $600 you wont get a good half stack, a good half stack in uk can cost anything between 700-1200 pounds. if you want a marshall for 600 dollars so with a combo.
look on the internet for prices in aus$ tell us what models you can afford and we'll let you know..
Thanks i think im gunna sell my yu-gi-oh cards and buy that warlock ASAP it's 299Au and it has a widow headstock but i'm not sure what it is, definetiley not the bronze though...
Quote by lithiumftw

F*CK YEAH
It seems you have your eye on a Warlock, and keep asking questions about it but whatever people say you're going to get it anyway.
But it's the platinum for 299Au it's so irresisteble! And imagine it with dimebuckers, on a side note i'm going to get a halfstack instead can someone recommend a good marshall halfstack for under $600? I play about 65% metal and 35% rock. And also if you buy dimebuckers do you get two or only one?

Just buy it.
And also, don't get a Marshall stack.
JoNo
xXx
^ you play yu gi oh and you want to buy a BC rich.

Kill youself, now.

NOW.

Even the dimebuckers themselves sound better when not in a guitar.
I would say save for an even better guitar.
Quote by KileManA7X
You sir, are an honorary genius! Take this badge, you made us proud!
i think he has his heart set on this warlock,
its not the choice i would go for personally but i say go for it
if yuo want that guitar and like the sound and that go for it, its not down to what other people tell you, its how you like it, youve seen teh guitar, assuming you played it? and you like it so go for it

The Ultimate Heavy Metal guitar!!

Ok, seriously, you should try ESP if you play metal. Perhaps they're not shaped like Medieval torture tools, but they sound a lot better, are well built and are so much more comfortable. Most of the pro metal players use ESP. Don't get a BC rich, or a Marshall MG stack.
Id say go for it, the LTDs in your price range are no different material and buildwise to what ur getting (agathis, etc). And dont let people tell u BC Riches are crap, 80% of people on here have either not played one and act like sheep, or have played a bronze series. The Platinum Series guitars are a tad overpriced for what they do, but if ur getting a good deal on it then yeah definetely go for it.

Now you only get one dimebucker, its a bridge pickup only. Id recommend getting a SD Dimebucker and a SD 59 (for the neck pup).
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn
Quote by sashki

The Ultimate Heavy Metal guitar!!

Ok, seriously, you should try ESP if you play metal. Perhaps they're not shaped like Medieval torture tools, but they sound a lot better, are well built and are so much more comfortable. Most of the pro metal players use ESP. Don't get a BC rich, or a Marshall MG stack.

omg.. sex in guitar form, that is sexy
whatever guitar you get, i wouldnt bother with the dimebucker. if you want a more dimebag sound use the bill lawrence pickups

id also get a new amp if i were you
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Last edited by tommyt at Feb 4, 2007,
Yea, get a new amp first, then get the guitar
Really annoying when people get the guitar and still wonders why they sound crap through a spider II.

Really all that difference that I makes in the guitar is just the make, therefore the durability.
The material, which is less important imo because the pickups matter more.
Quote by StratoSlayer
what if i used an lp menace instead?

Doesn't matter, if you played a $3000 guitar throught your amp, it would still suck. Besides, Platinum warlocks suck, as do Dimebuckers.
Dickless.
OMG!!!111!1one

Bc rich?
Dimebuckers?
Marshall MG?
Boss DS-1?

tonegasm
TEEP!!! Oiiiiiiieeeeeeeyyy!!!!!!
Speaking of BC Rich, are the NJ's actually worth the money at all? I love the mockingbird shape, but not enough to deal with a shit guitar.
Alright peoples i'm back and with more experience, i've decided to trash the whole warlock thing (upon discovering it was a monterey and that B.C. Rich sucks). And i'm going to take your advice and get either a Ltd, Jackson,Ibanez or the ESP Truckster James Hetfield Signature (which i would probably have to steal). And here comes more good news i've just made a friend who has a dad who works at a music store now i can get guitars for 50% retail!!!!!!! Thanks for all the help!
Quote by lithiumftw

F*CK YEAH
Quote by Neon Knight
OMG!!!111!1one

Bc rich?
Dimebuckers?
Marshall MG?
Boss DS-1?

tonegasm

Hahaha nice.

No way could you get 50% off, what a load of crap. Get a low end Ibanez or really anything that's not made of cheap ass agathis.
Ibanez RG1570 w/ Bareknuckle Pickups
Ibanez RG655
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson Singlecut
Blackstar HT-5
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
BOSS TU-2
MXR M-108
Digitech Bad Monkey
Today he informed me that it was UP TO 50% off so if i wanted a truckster i could probably get 15% off but like a cheap ass behringer strat copy pack I could get for 50% off. Tommorow he'll probably tell me that i can't get anything off because i'm not related at this rate.
Quote by lithiumftw

F*CK YEAH
Staff do not get 50% off RRP, trust me, we get import/purchase price, 50% is too much of a loss.
This entire thread is comedy gold.

OP is going to sell his Yu-Gi-Oh cards to buy a BC Rich Warlock with Dimebuckers to go with his MG15

hahahahahahahahahaha

Ahhh man someone help, I'm dyin.
Now i'm pissed off... the guy just said that his dad doesn't work there he just has this card that lets him have discounts.

Lets see if it gets him discounts on his medical bills.
Quote by lithiumftw

F*CK YEAH
Page 1 of 2